250 GB Xbox 360 is Modern Warfare 2 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Seems to me console makers are just going for money. It is sort like dvd's and such. You can get the regular dvd, or wait and get the unrated dvd, or wait some more and get the special edition dvd. Same seems to go for games and now looks like consoles are jumping on board. If you wait long enough you might get what you want of course wait to long and the new generation will be here. I guess it would just be nice to have a standard and then a all the options choice, and not a standard and wait, maybe, could be, better option.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]major7up[/nom]will be able to up our drive size in our current models above 120GB now?[/citation]

They said they're not releasing the 250 in a standalone. I call BS though, just give it 3 months.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
With the ~$60 pricetag of the game, that comes out to $40 for 130 GB of extra space. That actually seems like a reasonable amount to charge.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Actually, I like the paint job... I think it's pretty slick. I do, however, wish Microsoft would just let us put whatever size harddrive WE want on the thing.

G

Most games are unscaled to 720, they are only 480.

Also what happens when the games done and dusted or you grow out of it, the console is painted in MW2 camo lol.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]With the ~$60 pricetag of the game, that comes out to $40 for 130 GB of extra space. That actually seems like a reasonable amount to charge.[/citation]
have to agree. they'll change in a few months.

chriskrum

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Not releasing a 250?

Seriously, give it some time. They'll change their business model shortly. The future is in selling downloadable content. It can't be resold so it eliminates the used game market. Producers are going to push harder and harder for this. Selling movies online etc could represent a huge revenue stream for microsoft and do an end-run around Sony's blu-ray.

The model only works if consumers have lots of storage space. Right now they're hoping the DLC will be compelling enough to get early adopters to shell out big bucks for overpriced hardware. Once those people have shot their wad I think MS will practically be giving hard drives away. That is if they're smart.

ricdiculus

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
By a PC:
insert new video card 'here' every 3 months
insert new CPU every 9 months to a year
double ram every 12 months
locate missing dll file...
obtain new Catalyst driver as needed
Woops! directx 11 just came out: replace video card and power supply.
New BluRay codec requiered to watch latest BD disc.
Turn off all non game related processes to increase frame rate...

PS3: use it.

My brother is a big PC gammer and i stick with a PS3.I just witnessed him upgrade his CPU which needed a new MB that dosent support his previous video card which ment new memory and a power supply with enough umph to run it all, built it, then the game(farcry2 or fallout 3 i think)failed to run correctly even after multiple patches from the game maker and various drivers for the card(4850HD with 1 gig ram). I use pc's all day, and have a nice HTPC that i built myself and am quite happy with. Its just nice to know when i buy a PS3 game it will load itself, maybe update, and then just work.(same for the other consoles i guess as long as there is no RROD) Hey MicroSoft, Why dont you just fix the cooling issue and keep your niffty paint schemes

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
PS3 is $299, wireless included, runs cooler, quieter, blue ray, and consumes less space with it's lovely new form factor. Time to move on from the 360 and and see what the PS3 cell processor can do. If only we could get some games and ALL the developers on board.

buddhav1

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
honestly, it doesn't matter to those of us on PCs, with XBOXs too. a bigger hard drive means jack to me, because i stream all my media to my xbox. why waste time and space storing things on a 360, when my server will do it for me, and allow all PCs in my house to access it?

Most people won't be buying the new 360, anyway, because while they're all for Modern Warfare 2, NO ONE, is going to spend 400 dollars for a game that they already have a console for.

besides, i know that Modern Warfare 2 is highly anticipated, but does it deserve it's own console paint job? Gears 2 was more hyped, and it didn't get it's own console.

if you don't have a 360, that's another thing. then the 400 dollars doesn't seem so bad, because you're starting out on top, with a brand new badass console, and a potentially awesome game to play.

and of course Microsoft is going to put 250 gig drives out for others. really guys? you don't think they will? hell, you'll be seein MW2 controllers, maybe even MW2 headsets.

PS3 is fine if you don't want to play Halo and stuff only xBox has, but the games are just not there. Even with WiFi, Cooler Operation, Blu Ray, and it's smaller form factor, a console needs great games.

and if i'm not mistaken, didn't the PSOne and PS2 slims suck major ass?

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]ricdiculus[/nom]By a PC:insert new video card 'here' every 3 monthsinsert new CPU every 9 months to a yeardouble ram every 12 monthslocate missing dll file...obtain new Catalyst driver as neededWoops! directx 11 just came out: replace video card and power supply.New BluRay codec requiered to watch latest BD disc.Turn off all non game related processes to increase frame rate...PS3: use it.My brother is a big PC gammer and i stick with a PS3.I just witnessed him upgrade his CPU which needed a new MB that dosent support his previous video card which ment new memory and a power supply with enough umph to run it all, built it, then the game(farcry2 or fallout 3 i think)failed to run correctly even after multiple patches from the game maker and various drivers for the card(4850HD with 1 gig ram). I use pc's all day, and have a nice HTPC that i built myself and am quite happy with. Its just nice to know when i buy a PS3 game it will load itself, maybe update, and then just work.(same for the other consoles i guess as long as there is no RROD) Hey MicroSoft, Why dont you just fix the cooling issue and keep your niffty paint schemes[/citation]

You honestly think you need a new video card every 3 months and a new CPU every year?

For me, I've had my current setup for a year, and have absolutely zero intention of replacing anything in it for at least another year (aside from a win7 update and more hard drive space). The CPU and graphics will last at least 2 years, unless something dies, and if you don't care about having the absolute latest, it can last quite a bit longer. I know people who have computers from three and a half years ago that with a single video and RAM upgrade (which does not need a new power supply by the way) can still play the latest games, and can do so in a way that embarrasses any console on the market.

I'll admit that blu-ray playback on PCs is a little irritating at times (though I haven't had much trouble in the last 6-8 months), but for games, there's no comparison. PCs are superior to consoles. Besides, the mouse and keyboard interface is the only proper way to game.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
@ ricdiculus

I own both a gaming PC and and a PS3.

I upgraded my video card approximately a year ago. Replaced my video card requires that I remove the side plate on my HAF, and pop out the old card and slide in the new one, turn the PC on, and download the latest driver. It takes all of 5 minutes for instantly improved performance. Even if someone were to upgrade every 3 months that means they would spend 20 minutes a year replacing their video card. Replacing the RAM is also a 5 minute job. Replacing the CPU takes a bit longer, but can easily be done in less then an hour, more like 20 minutes (and no one upgrades their CPU every 9 months, maybe every year). With a trip to the local computer store and a few minutes of my time I can get instantly better graphics. With consoles your looking at waiting 5-10 years after release to get your new shiny graphics, which will already be outdated by the PC

The rest of the time I do whatever I want on my PC, have a billion windows open, a few downloads going, music playing, and some folding@home, all at the same time. I wish my PS3 could do that. Then I will open up Steam and click any game I want without having to root around for the disc, while I'm waiting for it to load up I'm surfing the web via Steam's in-game overlay, which has a web browser. I wish my PS3 could do that. When i get bored i just close the game and all of work is still there. Your brother's comp must suck ass if he has to close everything before he plays.

Now I love my PS3, but it doesn't hold a candle to a PC. I use it for blu-ray, and the PS3 exclusives (MGS4, KZ 2, and Uncharted). It's definitely a lot better then the 360 that I used to have.

Really the only benefit of a PS3 over a PC, is that retards who can't use a screwdriver can play games (at much reduced quality)

Status
Not open for further replies.