2in1 Tablet or Notebook for Uni?

vvf3

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Yo, community!

Since I'm starting university this October, I'm looking for hardware to compliment my PC outside. To be precise, I'm searching for either a 2in1 Tablet or a Notebook.

Keep in mind I'll mainly use my PC but I'll need something to give PowerPoint presentations with, surf and work outside. Therefore I'd rather opt for Windows. However, I could also make do with Android, considering there's DroidEdit, which I'll need and various office applications on the play store.

To cut to the chase, I can spend up to 350€ to 500€ and I'm not totally inclined to buy new stuff, given I find something useful in used condition for a good price (see below).
Seeing as nobody sells Surface 3s (not the Pro Version) in Germany anymore, I'm at a loss of what to get. Nonetheless, I've found something interesting (it's used but I can get a 1 year warranty on it)

Knowing I could not possibly expect Brits to give a German suggestions as to what to purchase, I'll ask these questions instead:

What would make more sense? A Notebook or a 2in1Tablet?

Only looking to supplement my PC for mobile purposes
Office Work
Surfing
Power-Point presentation

Solution
It seems you can buy the Surface 3 LTE in Germany, but it is over your budget @ 589€.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msde/de_DE/pdp/Surface-3/productID.314918200

The ThinkPad T430 is still a pretty decent laptop and you can use it to do homework / study when you are away from your dorm (which I assume is where your PC is). However, if possible I do recommend spending the extra 89€ for the Surface 3 even if you need to borrow it from family.

With the Surface 3 you can takes notes while you are in class. It is especially useful if you need to draw graphs (like for economics or physics), molecule structures (chemistry) or advanced mathematical formulas (like Calculus I and II which involves graphs as well). On top of that OneNote...
It seems you can buy the Surface 3 LTE in Germany, but it is over your budget @ 589€.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msde/de_DE/pdp/Surface-3/productID.314918200

The ThinkPad T430 is still a pretty decent laptop and you can use it to do homework / study when you are away from your dorm (which I assume is where your PC is). However, if possible I do recommend spending the extra 89€ for the Surface 3 even if you need to borrow it from family.

With the Surface 3 you can takes notes while you are in class. It is especially useful if you need to draw graphs (like for economics or physics), molecule structures (chemistry) or advanced mathematical formulas (like Calculus I and II which involves graphs as well). On top of that OneNote allows you to record class lectures and the notes you write / graphs you draw. You can playback the lecture and you can see the notes / graphs appear on the screen during the playback.

Here's a video showing some of the things you can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEb573aGQpA

Solution