3.5 mm jack not working on my desktop during conference call on lync

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasir9045

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015
hi

I am using desktop in my office. whenever there is a conference call in lync i use my 3.5 mm jack earphones to attempt the call. I can hear the voices through the earphones but no body hear my voice. Somebody suggested me that instead of using 3.5 mm jack earphones,try usb headphones.
I am a little bit confused that will this work ?

i have checked all the settings of lync for audio device..

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
I don't mean to be rude, but you are using a mic right? You said earphones, but I didn't see you say anything about having a mic. If all you've plugged in was a single (most likely green) 3.5mm plug, you only have plugged in the speakers. You need to plug in a second 3.5mm (usually pink.) plug to enable the microphone. If your earphones don't have a mic, then that's your problem. Has nothing to do with 3.5mm vs USB.

If you do have a mic, make sure that it's not muted in Windows. Lync might have it's own audio settings but if you have it muted in windows that's your problem. Also, if you don't have a mic plugged in check your webcam. Some of them come with mics built in.

Nasir9045

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015
hi...
yes you were right that i did not say anything about mic, i am using the earphones which has in built mic, and i had checked my earphones in both 3.5 jacks of my PC,but it did not work.Finally i have to purchase an another microphone which is working fine. Now i have got the solution.

Sometimes the mobile earphones' mic do not work in desktop PC. So in this situation, another external microphone needs to be used..

R_1

Estimable
Herald

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
When using 3.5mm jacks, you HAVE to be using two plugs. One that goes into the mic port, and another that goes into the headphone port. As mentioned, if you were only plugging in one port thinking it worked on your phone so it has to work here, then no. Good to see you got the problem fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.