3.5 mm male to male (thin adapter)

sesterce

Honorable
May 22, 2012
its not a common item. most of your 3.5mm devices all have 3.5mm male ends which makes a female coupler more useful. typically the female end is on your source and destination devices.

besides the metal knurled model there is also a rubber coated one on amazon which is a bit thinner (albiet not by much).

if you want that low profile connection you might be best getting a 1ft long cable instead which can be found with the micro sized ends. they also make 6inch versions with the same sort of thin jacks.

also, thinking about it a bit more the 3.5mm female connections you're going to be using are likely much larger in diameter than the type of connector you seem to be after (likely about the same diameter as the couplers you found) which makes it odd that you need a small diameter coupler. while completely up to you since you are buying the product, i just thought it was a bit odd is all.

sesterce

Honorable
May 22, 2012

I am trying to jerry-rig a bluetooth receiver to a pair of headphones and the female connection is in a recessed port. A bit of an unusual case, but I thought it might be useful to explain.

if you're trying to use a pair of headphones with a deeper recessed female port on a bluetooth receiver wouldnt an extension cable (one side male one side female) be more appropriate? such as a short 6" to 1ft version of http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Beats-Headphones-Extension-Cable/dp/B007G4O5IG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1431741517&sr=8-9&keywords=3.5mm+extension+cable (no, i'm not suggesting beats brand just that it has the thin diameter plugs on each side so a similar design might work for you).

i would think your headphones being male 3.5mm would plug into the female end and the thin male end would slip into even recessed 3.5mm female jacks on devices like your BT receiver.

at least that would be my understanding given what you've said so far about the hookup.

edit:

i've seen things like http://www.amazon.com/AFUNTA-female-adapter-connector-tracks/dp/B00MHL285K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431741745&sr=8-1&keywords=3.5mm+male+to+female+adapter however all the thin ones i've seen were 4pole to 3pole type adapters. i did find a few thicker ones which were straight extension pieces for 3pole. perhaps theres one on amazon in 3pole to 3pole but i didnt see one in only a few minutes. based on what you've said i'd imagine you need a 3pole male to 3pole female short extension?