3.5mm aux (tv) to rca (old reciver) not working

May 29, 2018
I just bought a new 4K TCL tv with 1 HDMI (arc), 1 optical, and one 3.5mm jack. All output. Im trying to connect this tv to my old Kenwood reciver that only has rca ports. I tried 3.5mm to rca, no luck. I tried an expensive hdmi arc extractor with rca outputs, no luck. The only thing left is optical. Am I doing something wrong? I’m so frustrated. Help would be appreciated, thanks !

Solution
The 1/8" to RCA should work. I would imagine this is the headphone jack correct?

It should work. Check your cables. If it's a headphone jack, check to see that the TV acknowledges you have a plug plugged in.

The TV many times will give you an indicator for this. Also, the TV will many times, shut the internal speakers off when you do this.

I'm thinking you either have a bad cable or the plug isn't being recognized by the TV.

Also, make sure your receiver is configured for the proper input.....and don't use the phono input. Use a tape or a CD input.
The 1/8" to RCA should work. I would imagine this is the headphone jack correct?

It should work. Check your cables. If it's a headphone jack, check to see that the TV acknowledges you have a plug plugged in.

The TV many times will give you an indicator for this. Also, the TV will many times, shut the internal speakers off when you do this.

I'm thinking you either have a bad cable or the plug isn't being recognized by the TV.

Also, make sure your receiver is configured for the proper input.....and don't use the phono input. Use a tape or a CD input.

Solution