Hi!

I have some problems but first, specs:
Lenovo Y510P
Intel Core i5,
Nvidia Geforce 755M
BIOS: InsydeH20
RAM: 2 x 4GB

To the point:
About half year ago my laptop started to get ocassional freezes then BSODs - I don't remember error codes now, but from my search it was probably something with HDD.
Ocassional BSODs transformed into daily BSODs.
I've decided to format my PC. I've installed Windows 7 (had Win10). It was like a month ago and to 2 days ago it was ok.
2 days ago my laptop simply freeze for like 30 secs and shut down. I tried to start, but after laptop is on Windows' login screen I hear 3 beeps (probably coming from motherboard) and my hdd is like "I'm done" and there starts endless loading. Desktop is never loaded.

I disassemblied laptop and tried to start it with just one of the RAMs singly but it didn't helped. Then I removed hdd and insert it back. And voilla! OS fully loaded. I don't know what happened.

The same process happened today, so I can write to you.

Oh, I made some tests (but I don't know if they are relevant).
IntelProcessor Diagnostic Tool said, that with processor is all okay. The same with memory said Microsoft Memory Diagnostic Tool.
But HDDScan's and CrystalDiskInfo's SMART test said, that end-to-end attribute is invalid.

So I assume it's not problem with RAM, but with HDD? Can anyone more experienced than me (so prolly 99% users) give some advice for me?

Solution

Colif

Distinguished
depending on what bios you have, those codes could mean varying things - https://support.lenovo.com/bd/en/solutions/ht062270
top list doesn't seem to match

if its AMI BIOS, then 3 beeps = Basic 64KB memory failure. Memory chip check fails and replace memory.

Award BIOS
1 long, 2 short seems to have two meanings, can be ram, MB or Graphics

You might check ram using memtest86, one stick at a time. Any errors are too many and show stick needs to be removed/replaced. It creates a bootable USB so don't need windows to run it.

Colif

Distinguished
Solution