3 Reasons Why You Should Not Upgrade to iPhone 4S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
If you must sign a 2-year contract, do so with the iPhone 4S and not with the regular iPhone 4 or the iPhone 3GS. Even better, keep your current phone and wait for the iPhone 5.

In Canada, it's three years, it really defines being behind the crowd in everything. my iPhone 3G contract isnt even over yet!

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
I dunno, you didnt talk about people who dont have iphone and want a new phone. 1080p video ( is it 20-24-30 frames ?) 8Mp Camera, Dual Core cpu, about the same or better battery life of Iphone 4. If the camera video is have decent framerate i think for someone who dont have a smart phone yet its a nice deal, i dont think the iphone 5 will have what 15mp camera, quad core cpu..But yeah for people who have already Iphone its completly worthless this phone is aimed to new client smartphone.

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
None of the announced features are in a must-have category; you can easily survive without them.

Guess what else you can survive without: A DAMN TOUCH SCREEN, SMART PHONE ALL TOGETHER!!

Also: It's an Apply product.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
FREAKIN' STOP! We don't need to know reasons to upgrade or to not upgrade to the iPhone, 90% people on this site know better than to waste money on this junk! Do you just spend your whole day researching this iPhone "news" and "reasons"? Get a life!!!

mihaimm

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
So... in US you have 100$ monthly fees??? With 2 years contract?!!?!? In France you can get as low as 16.90€... with a 2 years contract you'd get as low as ~900€ in total for the 16Gb 4S...

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]mihaimm[/nom]So... in US you have 100$ monthly fees??? With 2 years contract?!!?!? In France you can get as low as 16.90€... with a 2 years contract you'd get as low as ~900€ in total for the 16Gb 4S...[/citation]

In sane[/b[ countries, the monthly fee is gone since already 10 years. And calls are cheap; I spend about $3/month on phone calls :lol: 1 minute = 2 US cents :kaola: US prices plain suck.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
FREAKIN' STOP! We don't need to know reasons to upgrade or to not upgrade to the iPhone, 90% people on this site know better than to waste money on this junk! Do you just spend your whole day researching this iPhone "news" and "reasons"? Get a life!!!
Hey Gruener, I think that a phantom is hunting you a lot lately!

jiangyi

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
Hmm... Interesting how the author wrote an article on why you should buy an iPhone 4S, and now he's writing the exact opposite... o_O

On another note, contracts for most new smartphones in Canada are 3 years, and I just got my Samsung Galaxy S at the beginning of the year, so no Nexus Prime for me. =(

G

whoah, somebody actually pays that much for a phone...me: phone: 300€ + 2.5€/month for 384kbps + some € for talking and texting ( somewhere between 6 and 30 € /month ). overall, about 800€ over 24 months...

G

Next time you write an article, stick to the facts - nobody cares about your whiny opinions. "World Phone" means that it will be compatible with both CDMA (Verizon) and UMTS (AT&T) so if you purchase one unlocked ($649 at the Apple online store) you don't have to purchase a whole new handset to switch between networks. The A5 chip will make the phone 7 times faster - which sure as hell not a minor upgrade. iOS5 will run very smoothly on it. Also HSDPA and LTE are not solid standards for the 4G cellular network. Both have their benefits and draw backs, depending on your location and its availability, but that's not the iPhone manufacturer's fault. That's an argument you should take up with the IEEE - who should have standardized and deployed the 4G cellular technology a few years ago so we don't have this mess of different networks. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
If you have nothing good to say about iPhones then don't say anything at all (that goes for anything). People like what they like and no matter what you say they are going to get it. That's us being human. If you want it and you have the money then get it. I think Apple products are awesome. I don't have one yet but I will soon. Free 3gs with a 2 year contract. Convince me not to, I dare you :)

anonymous32111

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
[citation][nom]N3rdGrl[/nom]Next time you write an article, stick to the facts - nobody cares about your whiny opinions. "World Phone" means that it will be compatible with both CDMA (Verizon) and UMTS (AT&T) so if you purchase one unlocked ($649 at the Apple online store) you don't have to purchase a whole new handset to switch between networks. The A5 chip will make the phone 7 times faster - which sure as hell not a minor upgrade. iOS5 will run very smoothly on it. Also HSDPA and LTE are not solid standards for the 4G cellular network. Both have their benefits and draw backs, depending on your location and its availability, but that's not the iPhone manufacturer's fault. That's an argument you should take up with the IEEE - who should have standardized and deployed the 4G cellular technology a few years ago so we don't have this mess of different networks. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.[/citation]

Plz marry me, and then continue telling me what they're talking about =D.

aquila

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
I find it amusing so many people expect a revolution to happen every year.
Yes. To stay ahead of the game (in fact to even survive long-term), one needs a healthy dose of innovation.
Yes. Android phones came with many of the features/specs before the iPhone 4s that Apple is trying to sell now as "revolutionary".
However, look back to the original iPhone that launched just a few years ago, and compare with the new one. That's solid evolution for you, and that's how you keep your company afloat in most industries in real life.

The new iPhone 4S is a solid update. For those who currently own an iPhone 4, you probably don't need to upgrade. For those who have older phones, things look more compelling. I am currently leaning more towards Android, but I am sure I would not be disappointed should I still end up with an iPhone 4S.

Every now and then, you do need game changers that really shake things up. I'm a technophile, and welcome technological advances, but I'm inclined to believe the mobile phone industry is not necessarily one to need a game changer each and every year.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]Phishy714[/nom]Guess what else you can survive without: A DAMN TOUCH SCREEN, SMART PHONE ALL TOGETHER!!Also: It's an Apply product.[/citation]

Truth. My phone doesn't even have a camera...but guess what, I can drop it a good 6+ feet (which I've done) and not have it be a worthless $300+ brick. Ya, the battery/cover fell off but after popping it all together it was good as old. Usually if I'm out and about I have something to do. If I'm out with my friends I'm with my friends. In either case I don't have time to obsess over my smartphone.

G

For that extra $100 you also get twice the capacity,..16gb vs 8gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.