32 More Anonymous Suspects Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightskeeter

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
"DDoSing is an act of peaceful protest on the Internet,” the group added. “The activity is no different than sitting peacefully in front of a shop denying entry. Just as is the case with traditional forms of protest.”

No, stealing peoples personal info is not peaceful. It's a crimal act. And it CAN hurt peoples lives.

meluvcookies

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
i hope that the media continues to cover this and other related stories. Whether you agree with lulzsec or not, I think that the social discussion these issues generate is quite productive. Maybe, over time, there will be reforms on all sides that ultimately lead to better security for the average consumer/citizen/human being with internet access...which, in the end, is all I personally care about.

That said, I can't support any logic that justifies the punishment of average people to make a point about corporate or governmental duplicity

G

dissident - a person who actively challenges an established doctrine, policy, or institution.

Public Castration is against the law and you are challenging it.

You are a dissident and are PISSING YOURSELF OFF

Please visit doctor for Valium prescription before heart attack ensues.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Nightskeeter[/nom]"DDoSing is an act of peaceful protest on the Internet,” the group added. “The activity is no different than sitting peacefully in front of a shop denying entry. Just as is the case with traditional forms of protest.” No, stealing peoples personal info is not peaceful. It's a crimal act. And it CAN hurt peoples lives.[/citation]

yea, fighting cencership, very bad thing...
besides, anon didnt take the info, it was a third party, we more or less know that now if you keep up with any of the sony news.

hell i am willing to kill to end cencership, one of the few things i am willing to kill for, compared to that, a ddos attack is peaceful.

raurelian

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
A few days ago, Codemasters` servers were hacked too and user data was compromised (I don`t understand why Tom`s hasn't reported this yet..; the news is at least 4-5 days old and as important as any other hack news). I wonder if this too has any connection with Anon..

More info here: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/06/codemasters-hacked/

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]raurelian[/nom]A few days ago, Codemasters` servers were hacked too and user data was compromised (I don`t understand why Tom`s hasn't reported this yet..; the news is at least 4-5 days old and as important as any other hack news)./[/citation]

Your right, a video game company like codemasters being hacked is way bigger news than the international monetary fund being hacked.

Toms really doesn't do weekend uploads. So if you follow Engadget on weekends, you will already know 90% of what Toms has on Monday. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, I still enjoy toms. It's just mostly for the user banter, and the constant reminder to never underestimate human stupidity. My apple this, my android that, my microsoft the other thing (sucks, rocks, kicks your thing's ass) It never really gets old.

G

lol, they caught a bunch of kids who participated in the DDoS attack and branded them part of a criminal organization that they will label as Anon, they will interrogate these poor kids only to find out that these poor bastard have no idea who the real organizer behind Anon are, and yet they will claim a strategic victory and proclaim it will set a precedent to deter future transgressions

.....someone seriously needs to teach the authorities the concept of technology and the internet, cause there is something seriously wrong with the scenario above

RoboTree

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
“DDoSing is an act of peaceful protest on the Internet,” the group added. “The activity is no different than sitting peacefully in front of a shop denying entry. Just as is the case with traditional forms of protest.”

I'm no law expert, but is denying access to a shop legal? And it is different, an attack over the internet allows you to remain, excuse the pun, anonymous. In a real world protest, you have some accountability for your actions. I'm not saying i dont agree with some of the issues they're protesting, but i believe these kinds of actions are leading everyone down a very slippery slope as the world, including vital public infrastructure, are becoming more intertwined with the internet.

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Yes!!! Anonymous strikes again!

Take that filthy Government.

Our Freedom is at jeopardy and poor 'Joe dumba$$' is still being spoon-fed while we are slowly losing our 1st and 4th Amendment rights. This will never end. ^^ Cout

G

32 people who ran a script without anonymizing their 'net (more puns). Probably ran it from their parents' computers while chatting about it on WoW. Next time Anon releases a ddos script they should include a proxy script... Problem solved.

I feel bad for the kids who probably have no idea what trouble a double click would get them. Turkey, like the rest of the non-American portion of the planet, has zero qualms about torture and this is probably the last you will hear about these 32 people.

Marthian

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
who knows if they have anything to do with it or no, I doubt they don't.

If this goes well, this could put a dent in hacks seeing as how you can AND probably will get caught.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
I don't think they had anything to do with it. The rep of anonymous is 100% correct there are no leaders. These are drone machines, stolen and controlled remotely (possibly through wi-fi). So everyone who gets arrested is clueless about what is even going on.

I am still unsure what I think of any of this. I see the good and the bad, I just fear where they (governments and hackers) try to take things. These actions are being considered acts of war.
Thoughts of governments spoofing attacks against themselves so that they can declare war legally on other countries is very worrisome.

Status
Not open for further replies.