32GB RAM Laptop Suggestions

dedwards2892

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
Evening All,

I am looking for a laptop with 32GB RAM or upgradeable to 32GB from 16GB. I am working to a budget of around £1000+ VAT for the laptop. Needs to be a 17" screen and have an i7 processor...

Any suggestions as I am struggling?

Thanks in advance :)

Dave

Solution
32GB means you are basically looking at a workstation class laptop which are not cheap to begin with. Factor in the fact that there are only a few 17" workstation laptops and the drives up the price even more.

The two that I can think of off the top of my head is the Dell Precision M6800 workstation and the HP Zbook 17 G2 workstation. The base models with a quad core i7 CPU generally starts at about $1,900 USD which means they will cost in excess of £1,000 and you would need to spend money to increase the RAM to 32GB.

Actually, there are 17" gaming laptops that can support 32GB of RAM, but again, they are expensive. They almost costs just as much as workstations.

MSI GT72 Dominator
MSI GT70 Dominator
AORUS X7v2
ASUS G751JT
32GB means you are basically looking at a workstation class laptop which are not cheap to begin with. Factor in the fact that there are only a few 17" workstation laptops and the drives up the price even more.

The two that I can think of off the top of my head is the Dell Precision M6800 workstation and the HP Zbook 17 G2 workstation. The base models with a quad core i7 CPU generally starts at about $1,900 USD which means they will cost in excess of £1,000 and you would need to spend money to increase the RAM to 32GB.

Actually, there are 17" gaming laptops that can support 32GB of RAM, but again, they are expensive. They almost costs just as much as workstations.

MSI GT72 Dominator
MSI GT70 Dominator
AORUS X7v2
ASUS G751JT

Solution