3300 Euro MSI Titan laptop ,am i crazy ?or is it worth the cash ??

ahmad_f

Estimable
May 29, 2015
hallo everyone
after asking 2 times here and desktop forum ,i got my answer to get the Asus g751jy with i7 and gtx 980m for 1800 euro ,unfortunatly i was to alot of stores to get the laptop but it wasnt available in berlin , i am not an expert on pcs ,i only game occasionaly ,almost daily 1 hour or so ,and mostly weekend , i own a ps4 and xbox but i would like to join the Master race to see what is the fuss about ,my salary is good ,and i have the money but i dont want to waste it .
so the story is .. when i was searching for the Asus laptop ,someone showed me an MSI Gt80 Titan saying its the best of best and beats desktop computers and will Max out all games for this year and the upcoming 5 years , ( note that i game on a 50inch 1080p Tv,i dont need 4k) .
so this laptop has an i7 and 2 X Gtx 980m 8gb in SLI , but the price is 3300 euro ....
i am willing to pay the cash if the laptop is worth it ,and if its true that this laptop plays everything Ultra and >60FPS .
so what you guys recommend ?

ak47jar3d

Estimable
That price is completely insane even for 2x 980m. At 1080p, you don't need anything better than one 980m and i don't think either setup will let you play on ultra for 5 years. 580M sli is about 5 years old now and it can't games in ultra due to vram limitations. I would say get a laptop with a 980m and when time comes when it can't handle ultra, upgrade it again.

ahmad_f

Estimable
May 29, 2015
you mean upgrade it again ? throw away the laptop and buy a new one ? , i am willing to pay the premium price if the performance is realy that amazingly described ,the guy in the shop said the performace is close to the Gtx 980 Ti and Titan X ,in a laptop !!! , the thing is , i think/hope that i can get the price of the laptop or 50% back ,because in germany its possible to get that ,but you are only allowed to get one laptop every 3-5 years . sooooo should i bite the bullet and get this laptop wednesday ? or should i wait for the asus g751jy with only one 980m 4gb ?which can be 2 weeks and the waiting is hardddd