360 Total Security

SteveOnXP

Commendable
May 11, 2016
I have an old laptop that I continue to run Win-XP on.
Due to the fact that Security Essentials no longer supports XP, I had to delete it.
With reservations, I recently installed 360 Total Security. It seems to run fine.

Note: I have made the Win XP POS modification, so I continue to get the Windows Updates.

Today, I received the latest POS Update from Microsoft.
After the Post-Update Reboot, Microsoft Firewall alerted me that it had "Disabled" 360 Total Security, as various components were deemed as a threat.

Anyone have any ideas or heard anything about this ?

Sincerely,
Steve

Solution
I don't know, but I do know that with "all-in-one" security suites like 360 installed you shouldn't have the built-in Windows Firewall running anyway as 360 has it's own firewall (and it's by far superior to the XP one).

You shouldn't have two software firewall's running at the same time, indeed you don't need two running at the same time.
It's a waste of resources, plus it can cause configuration conflicts.

Are you sure it's the Windows Firewall that's giving you that message about 360, and not the Windows Security Centre?
I don't know, but I do know that with "all-in-one" security suites like 360 installed you shouldn't have the built-in Windows Firewall running anyway as 360 has it's own firewall (and it's by far superior to the XP one).

You shouldn't have two software firewall's running at the same time, indeed you don't need two running at the same time.
It's a waste of resources, plus it can cause configuration conflicts.

Are you sure it's the Windows Firewall that's giving you that message about 360, and not the Windows Security Centre?

Solution

SteveOnXP

Commendable
May 11, 2016
Yes, it was "Windows Firewall" that popped up during reboot.
Windows Firewall asked me how I wanted to respond to the situation.
i.e. continue to disable 360 T.S.,
or allow it to run.

I selected: "allow it to run".

It seems to be running fine with no further conflicts that I can tell.
I just checked Security Center and it displays that Windows Firewall is running.

360 T.S. does not appear to be running a firewall, at least not on my system.
The 360 T.S. settings make no mention of any firewall option, either.
Since things appear to be running and functioning with out conflict, I'll just continue to monitor the situation.
Thanks