3ds Max Student to full?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Hello 3ds max pros. I'm trying to get a new license for my 3ds max (well, basically, cheat, but who said I'm not going to the university after college? How about master's degree, doctor's? I'm a student, right? Right??) but can't figure out how to (re-)activate it. I tried deleting the RegInfo files, didn't help. Tried emailing them to Autodesk (before deleting), but nothing. So, is it possible to, I don't know, delete the old license? Or is it like once you download the program as a student, it will last only for 3 years? Uninstall and reinstall? Or is there any other way?

P.S. It may be in the wrong section, I saw CAD and decided to post it there. Then when I was creating it, I could see it shows me only Applications section in the drop down menu, so please don't blame me for this.

P.P.S. Thanks.

Solution
Autodesk defines a student as:

"A student is an individual enrolled at a recognized degree-granting or certificate-granting educational institution for three (3) or more credit hours in a degree-granting or certificate granting education program or in a nine (9) month or longer certificate program, and able to provide proof of such enrollment on request."

If you are still a student, you can try to reapply for another 3 year license from http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/3ds-max

If you are no longer a student and your license has expired, then you are no longer legally authorized to use the software.

You will find no help on Tom's for getting around licensing restrictions.

mgolus

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Autodesk defines a student as:

"A student is an individual enrolled at a recognized degree-granting or certificate-granting educational institution for three (3) or more credit hours in a degree-granting or certificate granting education program or in a nine (9) month or longer certificate program, and able to provide proof of such enrollment on request."

If you are still a student, you can try to reapply for another 3 year license from http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/3ds-max

If you are no longer a student and your license has expired, then you are no longer legally authorized to use the software.

You will find no help on Tom's for getting around licensing restrictions.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.