3G iPhone Coming in Second Quarter of 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

yawn, who didnt see this one coming, its why many of us have waited, that and i have to wait to get out of my Verizon contract, only to jump in bed with ATT, o well.

G

i agree with crashgsxr750, thats why i dont have one, waiting for second generation

shank2001

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
This is going to make me leave Verizon. I will miss verizon, but not my old smartphone! I have had a taste of the iphone through my ipod touch, and I am sold! Just need the next gen to come out.

G

3G Technology is available in Europe and Asia for years now. :) Don't think Apple is making a big breakthrough. Maybe for USA...By the way, did you know the GSM technology is European invention? (French concept to be exact). So AT&T is just following waaaaay behind at the back of the bus. Go ahead and buy those 800$+ Apple 3G phones...You'll just make Steve richer.

G

Instead of waiting for an overpiced 3g iphone that won't let me change batteries or sim cards....I bought a iphone clone from CECT. As a bonus, its already 3G....

siujoey

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Right, and your Cect iPhone clone is a complete piece of shit, like the rest of the Cect's. As for GSM being a European invention? Wow, who cares- have fun typing on your computer, (American invention) which connects you to the internet (American) talking about cellular phones (Also American) Think before you speak- you won't seem so stupid.

siujoey

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
"he implemented his invention in 1990, with the first successful communication between a client and server via the Internet on December 25, 1990"

Seems to me if he implemented his invention "via the internet", the internet would have existed before his invention. Logic > you.

G

Roodvosje said...

"Inventor of the internet is english. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee"

Uh no. Tim Berners Lee invented the World Wide Web, not The Internet. You do know the difference right?

G

cellular phones were invented in israel... so was instant msgs, etc. etc. siujoey nice way of making a fool our of yourself hahaha

G

I don't give a rat's ass about which continent/nations' e-peen is longer as stuff originators (I'm Asian btw..). What I DO give a shit about is for Apple to quit it's pretentiously uptight "exclusive through ONLY certain service providers" only business model (for a for profut initiative, I think it's idiotic when you to cater to a wide audience) for iPhones. I want an iPhone to really be that "kill 'em all" cellphone with good still and video cam + Net features. We want to see a better competitor to Nokia's N96 (IMO it's the 1 thing that really stands as a viable obstacle to the iPhone in terms of real bang for buck values. Symbian or not..). They (Apple) got a killin' OS as the de facto controlled IP already (hence why the business model sucks currently) and the good rep for coming up with nifty softwares. I don't see what's the current fuss in not being able to ante up on the hardware side aside from being unnecessarily Paris Hilton-ish at worrying about added inches.

G

I dont know what they are talking about. I have been on ATT's 3G service ever since I got my 8525. I had it way before the iphone ever came out. I like it more than the iphone too.

And btw, me and Al Gore invented the internet. Now bow down.

G

someone direct Suomynona to the chill pill section? I don't really care where things come from either, as long as I get to use new tech/gadgets I am fine. truth is that the iphone is cool, and cool is what everybody wants... yes getting on 3G is a bit of a "old news" considering apple proclaims itself to be the ahead of everyone in technology, but don't forget the iphone is cool, it will be faster (one would hope), and even though, you, you, you, and you don't think an iphone is something you'd want - a billion teenagers out there are putting them on top of their wish lists. this factor alone will be the driving force behind its evolution. i can't blame apple... kleenex is what we use to wipe our noses, windex is what we use to clean our windows, ipod is what we use to listen to our mp3s, and soon enough instead of pass me the kleenex, you'll hear can i use your iphone to call home? maybe what i said makes absolutely no sense, but i do see the iphone dominating the market in the next year or so...

so give me 3G, 4G, 5G, wireless synch and charge, integrate the phone into my brain - and let it play some cool shows while i dream... whatever technology new or old they want to squeeze into this "cool" device let them... if not for the iphone's sake, then maybe for the sake of competition and creative development... i sure as hell will not miss the days of bulky, software freezing, rotating and light emitting cell phones... the phone is dead, long live the iphone!

G

3G may well have been here in Europe for years(and now in many other areas of the world) ... but it is still crap. You have to be so damn close to a high strength signal to get anywhere close to the input/output rates "claimed". Also, it is bloody expensive!!!! Of course 3G has enormous potential, but despite the length of time it has been with us, and the investment that has been sunk into it, it still languishes in the "back-alleys" of acceptance/usage. The fuss, and attention it gets is down mainly to the "rabid desire" for people(consumers) to be at the forefront of technology, more than it's real value to end-users.

As for the iPhone ...... it is a great multi-purpose tool(phone/SMS/web/mail/maps/apps) .... the camera isn't the greatest, but then personally I fail to see the need for a camera on a phone. Look at the mobile phone output currently to be found on the likes of "YouTube", etc., even at the lowest screen size you struggle to make out the detail ....

G

Thank you for reading this letter. I hope the following information would be useful.
China is one of our enterprise sales of electronic products (notebook computers, digital cameras, LCD TVs, GPS, mobile phones MP4, such as game consoles.
Our commitment to quality and excellence in challenging the price.
We do not trade for many years, all over the world, and to a certain degree of market share and good reputation.
Quality of service and credibility, long-term business.
Web site: wwww.ebyog.com
Sales rep:Maria
MSN: ebyog@hotmail.com
Yahoo E-mail:ebyog@ymail.com
Phone: 086-0755-81294253
Welcome to the inquiry. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.