4 New Notebooks: NVIDIA Ion Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm sick of these bullsh*t lithium/cell batteries and how people seem to keep putting up with them. Seriously people, 3-4 hours of battery life in the year 2009 is a bit pathetic. We should be pushing manufactures to R&D something better, with some innovation I could see batteries lasting days and recharging in under and hour, now that would impress me!

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]zergfi[/nom]I'm sick of these bullsh*t lithium/cell batteries and how people seem to keep putting up with them. Seriously people, 3-4 hours of battery life in the year 2009 is a bit pathetic. We should be pushing manufactures to R&D something better, with some innovation I could see batteries lasting days and recharging in under and hour, now that would impress me![/citation]

I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that if battery technology had kept improving at the same rate as computer technology they would now hold the same amount of energy as a small tactical nuclear bomb.

Then the argument would be "Only 40 years battery life?" :)

dupaman

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Thanks for the roundup and voicing complaints about glossy LCDs! I'm a bit disappointed with the ION game performance. I seem to remember a few reviews of the mini-ITX ION 330 platform and that one was able to run games like left4dead, wow, and fallout 3 @ 800x600 with low settings. Still, it's nice to see the higher res matte display with ION in a netbook.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
They're too small. I work at a technology complex associated with a large university. I watch students hunched over their small notebooks as they squint theri eyes trying to make out the tiny print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
4 Streaming Video & TVs 1