40 pin to 30 pin screen connector

Michaelgraper

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
Hey guys i have a Asus X555LA-HI31103J laptop that I picked up for pretty cheap. Its not a bad laptop, I upgraded to an ssd and 8gbs of ram. The only downfall is the screen which is 1376x768. I would like to upgrade to a 1920x1080 screen but the only replacement I can find in 1920x1080 is a 30pin connector where the stock 1376x768 screen is a 40pin. the size of the screen is the same and the connector is in the same spot. Is there anyway I can make it work?

Thanks ahead.

Solution
Hi, the only way you can replace the screen is to find a compatible screen with 40 pins for the model you have, you and I have found only 30-pin connector for the WUXGA screen. Another thing, the cable you have may need to be replaced, I'm not sure if it is compatible with the WUXGA screen. And I do not know if they made a cable for the WUXGA screen for your model.
Hi, the only way you can replace the screen is to find a compatible screen with 40 pins for the model you have, you and I have found only 30-pin connector for the WUXGA screen. Another thing, the cable you have may need to be replaced, I'm not sure if it is compatible with the WUXGA screen. And I do not know if they made a cable for the WUXGA screen for your model.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS