400 euro work/game notebook.

butremor

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Hello. I currently helping a friend to choose a notebook, but I am not an expert, so I need advice from you :]
1. What is your budget? 400/ +-50 euro

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? No preference

3. What screen resolution do you want? No preference

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable, I guess, as it will be moving with my friend from work to home and vice versa.

5. How much battery life do you need? No preference he will be near socket most of the time.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Skyrim, so smooth gameplay over 30 fps is a must (preferably not on low, but medium with some eye candy. Though considering the budget i understand that it will be hard to achieve this req). But gaming will be occasional.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Office work mostly, with some analytical programs running and large word and excel files. These most likely will be launched at the same time, so a lot of alt-tabbing will be made.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? No preference

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. No, but american sites won't work for price reference as the electronics there are cheaper, and after currency conversion budgets won't match. So Europe's sites are req.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Several years at least.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? No preference

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Acer, Asus , Hewlett Packard, MSI, DELL preferred, as we do have their warranty services here.
13. What country do you live in? Latvia

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Just to sum it up - multiple office programs with possible large file sizes open at the same time. And occasional gaming. No video\photo editing expected.

butremor

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

I understand, and as I mentioned already that's not the priority and low settings are fine. So what laptop can you see fit for the purpose?