4k editing laptop asus gl502

Abenak89

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
I7 6700hq
12gb ddr4
Gtx 970m

Playback is fine. But when i click split it takes a few secs to be able to click and split again. Also when i try to slow a clip down it really has issues and screen flashes and glitches before finally loading.

Brand new laptop i was hoping to edit 4k doesnt seem like i can.

Heres my hunch.. cpu and memory never reach full load. Harddrive is only 5400rpm.. could the hd be the issue?

Editing on cyberlink director 14

If you think this laptop cant handle the demanding stuff lmk i can just return it and build my desktop..

UPDATE
I have been playing around and watching loads on task manager and cpu gets to maybe 50% at times. Memory is at 25-30% only and hard drive is at 10% at times.
Even when glitching and clearly trying to reload the screen (on cyberlink director) those are the numbers. I click a small clip.. wait a second.. click to slow the clip down, loads up a new pop up... have to wait.... cyberlink blinks and glitche a second clearly trying to load something, then finally select new speed you want. give a sec to load it.. click ok. then wait for it to update the clip to new speed for a few seconds.

Clips are 3840x2160 at 29.97 fps and 56 mbps.

Really can't figure out what the hiccup is... im sure if i use shadow files it would be fine but then why do I have a 1200 laptop to use shadow files?

Again play back is fine not a single glitch with that.. just odd...

Abenak89

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
OK so incase anyone else sees this I did the trial for adobe premiere and not a single hiccup... sooo clearly adobe utilizes the hardware better. So solution... use adobe!