ccon1973

Estimable
Nov 15, 2014
Help! I am going to buy a new TV this Black Friday...I have read soooo many articles regarding 4k vs HD however they just seem to make my decision tougher...The one question I have, is when are major cable providers (Verizon, cablevision etc) going to offer 4K channels? Are we talking 1 year? 2 years, 3 years? I am between a 65 inch 4K and a 70 inch HDTV and flip flop every day as to which I am going to buy....Cost wise, the two models I am looking at are about $500 apart.. I don't mind spending the money if it is worth it...Please help and Thanks!!!!

Solution
LOL i know your confusion, i also read a ton on 4k TV's.

From what i've heard it still is at least a year to 2 years away before 4k cable TV is coming so your gona have to stick to 1080P movies/TV shows. Unless your PC gaming then the 4k would come in handy.

I personally would still stick with 1080P, mainly because from what toms guide was saying you can't see the difference between 1080P and 4k at long range (basically where the couch is), so unless your close for gaming a 1080P would be better.
LOL i know your confusion, i also read a ton on 4k TV's.

From what i've heard it still is at least a year to 2 years away before 4k cable TV is coming so your gona have to stick to 1080P movies/TV shows. Unless your PC gaming then the 4k would come in handy.

I personally would still stick with 1080P, mainly because from what toms guide was saying you can't see the difference between 1080P and 4k at long range (basically where the couch is), so unless your close for gaming a 1080P would be better.

Solution