4K Screen replacement for Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition

Shaythedog

Estimable
Dec 26, 2015
Hello guys, just wondering where I can buy and find a 4K screen replacement for my Acer Aspire V15 Nitro laptop, mine is the 1080p model but there is a model with the same specs with a 4K screen and would like to upgrade my screen to that. I would also not mind having new bezels and hinges etc. Thanks

First you need to find out if your current Acer panel can be upgraded at all. If you have a TN panel, you may be able to replace it with an IPS panel. But only if the connector has the same number of pins. 4K panels require more power and they usually have a different connector head, even within the same model range.

On my Lenovo Y50, I could 'upgrade' from a very bad TN panel to a much more useful and pleasant IPS panel. But I will not be able to install a 4K panel because the connector is wider and it's located in a different place. And that's despite the fact that my exact model is available with a 4K panel.

Go to YouTube and do a search for 'screen replacement' for your Acer and watch closely. Check the Internet for online technical guides to your current machine, so you know exactly how many pins the connector has and where it's located.

Google for web sites that sell replacement panels, e.g. laptopscreens.com, and search for 4K panels for your model. Make sure to get a 100% match on the connector and the location.

As for a new bezel/frame and new hinges, try eBay.

Aug 27, 2014
Good answer, I also suggest when looking for items also search AliExpress, Amazon, and Ebay mentioned.
There are probably others out there as well but I find Alibaba more geared for larger amounts of things.
Maybe they will change their sites as I suggested to them to make it more User Friendly and Simplify purchases.
Sometimes cheaper may not be better. Read the Feedback of your sellers products.