4K TVs Drop Below $500

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
TCL are the biggest pile of crap TV's on the market. you'd be lucky to own one of those TV's for 3 months without something going wrong and the customer support is horrific. I owned one of these TV's 2 years ago and I can't even tell you the list of issues I had with it. from TV flickering to sound issues to almost non existent customer support.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
You know what they say you get what you paid for. If the price is way cheaper than the world average then you know they cut corners. It's not worth it.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Nice that the price is coming down, but they still offer bad value due to the lack of content
Yep, as long as there is no 4K content, and that might take a while (no reason to start shooting everything in 4K, not untill it is the mainstream).

Its just smarter to get a full HD tv now for 300 and then a quality 4K Tv for 500 in... say 2 years when its actually a mature technology (thats why companies charge crazy prices for new tech, so that for a while it feels like only rich people can afford it, same as when iphone started out as a VIP product).

Personally, untill GPUs cant handle 4K, I can wait. I have watched movies in Dvd and blue ray quality, and while i can notice the difference, its not worth paying a 50% price increase for EACH movie I want to buy.

Gordon861

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
If the $500 translates to a real £ price then buy one of these to use as a large computer monitor. Also with the 120Hz refresh Nvidia 3D Vision should work on it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.