4k viewing problem

LinkvsLegolas

Estimable
Jul 5, 2014
Hello, my name is Jorge, and I bought a 4ktv, Toshiba 65l9300U, and I also bought a 4kplayer, a Samsung one, and when trying to play a 4k Bluray, it gives me 2 pop ups. 1. For optimal picture quality, connect your 4k ultra hd blu-ray player to a television that supports 3k ultra hd with HDR.
2. This content will be played in HD because the display or the HDMI input port does not support HDCP 2.2. Change the display or HDMI input port and try again.
So what is going on? Can you guys help me?

Solution
Your TV is a 2014 model that does not support HDR and I don't see mention of HDCP 2.2 so although you have HDMI 2.0 input you won't be able to playback 4K bluray which requires HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2. If you just bought it new, return it for a 2016 model.

Wiz33

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Your TV is a 2014 model that does not support HDR and I don't see mention of HDCP 2.2 so although you have HDMI 2.0 input you won't be able to playback 4K bluray which requires HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2. If you just bought it new, return it for a 2016 model.

Solution

LinkvsLegolas

Estimable
Jul 5, 2014
Yeah, I believe that it is an HDCP 2.2 problem, because the tv itself has been discontinued, and pretty sure because of that, and the manufacturer doesn't have any type of support for their own tv, tried calling/email/chat, but, I was looking into the HD Fury device, they say there is loss in picture so that kinda takes away from watching 4k blurays, guess I'll just stick to my 4k upscaler, thanks for the help.