5.1 + additionally subwoofer ?

zoranjoza1

Estimable
Jul 8, 2014
Hi, i have 5.1 speaker sistem and i want to add one more subwoofer, its stronger then first one.
I have one connector for my FRONT,REAR and CENTRA/Subwofer speakers , so 3 connectors.
I have 6 holes on my motherboard, so 3 are available.
When i connect my second woofer it plays sound when i press CENTER speaker and when i press SUBWOOFER speaker in Realtek HD Audio Manager.
Everything is working fine, just when the sound is played thru CENTER speaker it have bass too.
Is there anyway to disable bass output when i the sound is played on central speaker?
It fell very wierd, when u watch movie and people are talking and u hear bass. Like they have deep voice.
Ask if u need more info.

Solution
Does the second sub have a volume adjustment on the back or anything.

Alternately, you could turn your normal speakers up louder and leave the Windows volume lower.

The last option would be to add a resistor inline with the second sub to reduce the voltage it gets(would work like a voltage divider), but it may be tricky to get it just right.

You may wish to place the 2 subs farther from other another to get more of a full sound as well.

Before subs, each speaker had its own woofer(the size of today's subwoofers) driver to deal with the bass.

nukemaster

Distinguished
Center and LFE/Sub share the same 3.5mm jack that is why you have this.

Look on your sub, chances are it has a mono input(almost all do). Just remove the center plug and use ONLY the LFE/SUB.

Alternatively a Y cable connecting left and right on the sub the the LFE/Sub connector from the sound card should work. This would leave the center plug just hanging(tape if off is you wish).

Y cables for splitting(what you will be doing) a signal is safe, combining not so much. use as short of a Y as you can as longer cables can cause noise.

zoranjoza1

Estimable
Jul 8, 2014
thank you its solved
but one more thing.
Is it possible to i lower the volume of my second subwofer, like lower the volume for each speaker or woofer?
Because the first one is 20W and second one is 40W. So i cant "feel"hear first wooferfrom the second woofer.

nukemaster

Distinguished
Does the second sub have a volume adjustment on the back or anything.

Alternately, you could turn your normal speakers up louder and leave the Windows volume lower.

The last option would be to add a resistor inline with the second sub to reduce the voltage it gets(would work like a voltage divider), but it may be tricky to get it just right.

You may wish to place the 2 subs farther from other another to get more of a full sound as well.

Before subs, each speaker had its own woofer(the size of today's subwoofers) driver to deal with the bass.

Solution