5.1 channel surround sound setup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Command Center

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015
I'm building a home theater PC and I want a set up a 5.1 surround sound channel. I was looking at the Logitech Z506 75 watts RMS 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers, and the biggest speaker had a bunch on inputs and outputs. My question is do I need a sound card as a middle man between my PC and the 5.1 channel or does the big speaker have some sort of integrated encoder?

Solution
You must have a sound card that supports 5 channel audio as well.

The speakers alone can't do it whatever make or model they are. They need 5 channel audio going in to them to get 5 channel audio out of them..

Command Center

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015

Can I use one cable to connect my PC to the main speaker (the one with 4 ins and outs) and then connect the 4 other speaker to the main speaker or will I have to get a sound card with 5 audio connectors and connect each speaker individually to my PC?

noidea_77

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012

What about downloading the manual and read for yourself? http://support.logitech.com/product/surround-sound-speaker-z506

Command Center

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015

I'm not going to lie your short answers irritated me and felt condescending, but the manual did help me a lot so thanks :)

Short answers irritating and condescending? Toughen up dude.

You must understand we deal with hundreds of problems every week.
We are all volunteers, we are not here to answer simple things like what cable to use if the poster can't be bothered to read product instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.