5.1 only playing in 2.1 on my PC

Footyslayer

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have a very weird issue right now and I am looking for some help with it.

Yesterday I bought a new PC case and swapped all my parts from my old case to the new, I also added a 2nd SSD for games but nothing else. Weirdly since doing this my 5.1 speakers won't play 5.1 from my PC. It is playing 2.1.

When I do a test on all the speakers (xonar audio center) they all work correctly but when listening to anything my speakers act as 2.1. Only playing from my 2 from speakers and my subwoofer. The centre speaker and 2 rear speakers don't operate.

I have a xonar D2X soundcard and creative t6300 5.1 speakers. I have tried different drivers, I have unplugged the soundcard and re-added it but nothing works.

It seems a system issue rather than hardware. Can anyone please help?

Solution
to clarify what i think Rynex0 is saying ...

most 5.1 sound card drivers install a special application , in that application u need to select 6 channel Output and 6 channel Input , if u have for example : 6 channel input and 2 speaker output then it will only play 2 speakers

agent76484

Estimable
Feb 9, 2015
to clarify what i think Rynex0 is saying ...

most 5.1 sound card drivers install a special application , in that application u need to select 6 channel Output and 6 channel Input , if u have for example : 6 channel input and 2 speaker output then it will only play 2 speakers

Solution