5.1 Sound System Options (low to mid range price)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

I am looking to get a sound system for my PC. Looking for a good quality system, I am not audiophile, so it does not need to be insane, but it has to be good. Looking for a surround system, that has the back speakers wireless.

The other issue I have, if I do get a system like this is hiding the cables from the front speakers.

So I have my 3 monitors mounted to the wall 3-4 inches above the desk, and then I have a wire channel from just under the monitors down to the bottom of the floor, to hide the cables. My question is if I get speakers, how do I hide the cables, as it would basically have to go up first, to get into the channel, before going down, meaning you'd see the cable anyway.

So two questions.

1. What are my options for a 5.1 system with back wireless speakers.
2. How do I hide cables for the system.

Solution
Those are great speakers too.

FYI have two 7.1 surround systems, one on my gaming computer and one on my HTPC, and a set of Polk Monitor 30s hooked up to my work computer, powered by a topping tp 22 mini t amp.

The Polks are similar to the Audio Engines in that they dig down deep enough where you can hear the bass, but you can't really feel it. The Polks can go a little further down than the Audio Engines(55hz vs 65hz), but they are quite a bit larger too (5.25" woofers vs 2.75").

Also I love t amps (or d amps) because they are extremely power efficient, and have very flat response curves.
G

Thanks for all the information.

Technically I ended up making my own choice lol. Though yea, I like them because they can be upgraded if I have too.