5.1 Speaker System Common and Uncommon Problem

human304

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Hello Everyone,
I am currently facing two problems while setting up my 5.1 speaker system for my PC.

Configuration:
Windows 8 x64

Motherboard msi g41 p 33 combo, it has 5.1 support and built in realtek sound card with three ports :
1.blue Line IN
2.green Speaker Out
3.pink Min IN
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/G41M-P33-Combo.html#/?div=Overview

Speaker is of PERFECT brand 5.1 speakers . 2 front ,2rear,1 center and 1 sub woofer.
It has two input methods:

1.AUX input ,3.5 mm jack enters in it
2. 9 pin mini din port

Problems:

1.Common Problem

When i plug in the receiver with 3.5 mm male to male jack from PC green to receiver AUX all sound plays fine. However , in realtek hd audio manager i can not access the rear ,center and sub woofer . It looks to me as if it acts as stereo.

How can in get it to work as a 5.1 surround system ??

2.Uncommon Problem

After this i tried the mini din port . The setup has a cable for it which has one 9 pin male mini din port at one side and on the other side there is six RCA port like this:
Image0675.jpg

Image0676.jpg

122.jpg

I have no idea how and where to connect this cable.

Waiting for reply. For more information about the cable please visit
http://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2256

Thanks .

Solution
The pictures are pretty fuzzy so the name/link to the speakers would help. But from what I can kinda make out with that mother board, you will need 3 stereo plugs to male DIN and then have to configure in windows and realtek to get it working.

The problem is that the mobo doesn't have the usual analog outputs for 5.1 so you have to configure the ones that it has to make it work.

Do an internet search for jack sensing HD Audio 5.1.
The pictures are pretty fuzzy so the name/link to the speakers would help. But from what I can kinda make out with that mother board, you will need 3 stereo plugs to male DIN and then have to configure in windows and realtek to get it working.

The problem is that the mobo doesn't have the usual analog outputs for 5.1 so you have to configure the ones that it has to make it work.

Do an internet search for jack sensing HD Audio 5.1.

Solution