5.1 speakers not playing

Eli_Stallings

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
I just got Creative 5.1 speakers and I connected them to my ASRock z97 Extreme motherboard. My OS is Windows 10. When I test the speakers in Realtek, everything works. The settings in Realtek and in Windows sound are both set to 5.1 surround. I tried updating the Realtek driver in device manager and it told me the most recent driver was installed. I also un-installed it (without deleting the files) and restarted the computer. But when I try to play music on iTunes or watch something on Netflix, only the front speakers and the sub work. Why would they work in the test, but not when I'm watching shows/movies or listening to music?
Thanks!

Eli_Stallings

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015

I don't have "speaker fill" as an option on that page...
But I'll have to play a game and see if it works.

UPDATE: So, instead of "speaker fill," I'm seeing DTS Connect. When I turned DTS Connect on, the surround worked on Fallout 4. Thanks for the help!

Eli_Stallings

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015

Well, it works only if I'm playing a game. I'd like for it to use all my speakers even when I'm watching something that has two channel audio, which I'm pretty sure "speaker fill" is supposed to do, right? But I'm not seeing "speaker fill" as an option.