5.1 Speakers to Android TV

Apr 11, 2018
Hey guys.... I have a Videocon Smart TV. I want to connect my 5.1 speakers to it.. But can't seem to get it to work. My TV has a

RF in,
SPDIF in,
HDMI(ARC),
AV/YPbPr in.
I don't know much about these cables and don't know exactly which goes to which. And my 5.1 speakers have AUX input ports and DVD(5.1 ch) ports (I don't know what to call them..) I'll post the ports of my speakers and my TV down below.. I hope you can help me

Thank you

Ports- https://imgur.com/a/a1NmV6e

Solution
Your tv has 3 possible outputs.
1 HDMI ARC3 which your stereo does not have.
2 Headphone out. you can get an adapter. Headphone to RCA.
3 AV out, but it appears you need an adapter, which splits to digital video(yellow RCA plug) and left and right stereo(red and white or red and black)
Hope this helps but your connections are limited.

If it doesnt gave an earphone socet like the top tv layout diagram youre out of luck.

Thats your only way of connecting.

Even then you could only use the left/right aux inputs on the speakers & hope they have a simulated surround speaker fill option.

Unolocogringo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Your tv has 3 possible outputs.
1 HDMI ARC3 which your stereo does not have.
2 Headphone out. you can get an adapter. Headphone to RCA.
3 AV out, but it appears you need an adapter, which splits to digital video(yellow RCA plug) and left and right stereo(red and white or red and black)
Hope this helps but your connections are limited.

Solution

abhinav_mall

Distinguished
May 3, 2008
To enjoy true surround sound, you have no option but to buy an A/V Receiver.

In layman terms, your receiver will connect to all your audio/video input, be it dvd or any source and provide output to your speaker system and tv. You have to toggle via remote the exact source you want to see or hear.

Price range for receiver is wide with no upper limit. Do a thorough research and then invest in a receiver.

If your budget is constrained and existing 5.1 speakers not upto mark, then you can opt for a hone theatre system which has an albeit limited but functional receiver built in. You will have to do research again in this area.