5.1 surround sound from aux?

rollingsingleturb

Commendable
May 27, 2016
Hey how could i possibly have sourround sound using an 3.5 mm aux
I will be using my phone/ tablet to sony 5.1 and wondering how could i get 5.1 and not 2ch
connectors?

Solution
Sorry, but aux can only carry left and right so the output from your mobile devices will be 2 channel using it. There might be another way to do it though. Would you be able to give more details about what you're trying to do?

audie-tron25

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
Sorry, but aux can only carry left and right so the output from your mobile devices will be 2 channel using it. There might be another way to do it though. Would you be able to give more details about what you're trying to do?

Solution

rollingsingleturb

Commendable
May 27, 2016

i will be using my phone aux to a surround sound receiver for my garage man cave and i really don't want to be using 2 ch. do i need a special adapter or something cause i really want it to work out

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
Unless your phone offers some kind of docking station to provide more outputs (haven't seen that in YEARS), OR your phone has an HDMI out (or a MHL USB port that can convert to HDMI), there is no way to do this.

What phone do you have?

rollingsingleturb

Commendable
May 27, 2016

I have a galaxy s7 edge plus

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
Unfortunately that phone is only USB 2.0 and does not have an MHL USB port. Sorry but there is no way to do this with that phone.

BTW very few phones have this feature if at all anymore, nobody really called for or used it. Tablets do still have it sometimes though (but usually with a Mini HDMI port).