5.1 Surround Sound - PC to amp for gaming

Travel_Dude

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Hello,

Setup:
Soundblaster Audigy Sound Card
Sony AMP -No HDMI Switching

I have been using Dolby Live feature in order to get my amp to do the processing and sending the sound to my speakers. I recently reformated my PC and I cant seem to get this to work again.

Dolby Live allows the sound card to send a compressed signal through an optical cable to my amp. The amp then decodes the signal and the system works. I can game in 5.1 and get discrete signals through my system.

I do not have the ability to use an HDMI cable as everything is running through walls and I am using DisplayPort.

I have been trying to get this to work for two months now and I either have 2 channel only or nothing at all.

Thoughts?
Daniel.

Solution
First you said optical and then you threw in HDMI. So where is the audio going through, optical or HDMI?

2 channels only, this says you are sending stereo only out of the PC, or you are using the wrong codec (mode) on the amp, the codec that's suppose to take 2 channels information and play it on all speakers.
First you said optical and then you threw in HDMI. So where is the audio going through, optical or HDMI?

2 channels only, this says you are sending stereo only out of the PC, or you are using the wrong codec (mode) on the amp, the codec that's suppose to take 2 channels information and play it on all speakers.

Solution