5 Places You Didn’t Expect To See Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Doesn't mean we like it that way. Flash is slow, bloated, decreases security and privacy of browsers. Adobe Reader is atrocious on hard disk usage and comes with so many security holes that makes Microsoft look like an example of competence.

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I am happy for Flash to continue to be on the web, quality developers can do some great things with Flash whcih do run well. It's the poorly written code by some developers that give Flash a bad name.

nukemaster

Distinguished
I think its great to see more flash.

Just because Steve says we don't want it does not make it true.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen flash crash EVER. Not to turn this into an anti Apple post, but Apple had lots of problems with Java script and applets back in the day as well.

That being said, flash was one of the tools to build the modern internet. I do admit at one point flash heavy sites may have been an issue. This is the programmers fault, not flash. You do not need flash for the full site(text and all).

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]doorspawn[/nom]64 bit linux is very buggy. It'll die someday. The sooner the better IMO[/citation]
Fixed that for ya!
Give me one good reason why Adobe should spend good money trying to support Flash compatability for an OS that has no commercial value and occupies less than 2% of users.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]K2N hater[/nom]Doesn't mean we like it that way. Flash is slow, bloated, decreases security and privacy of browsers. Adobe Reader is atrocious on hard disk usage and comes with so many security holes that makes Microsoft look like an example of competence.[/citation]
Steve, is that you?

eatmeimadanish

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004
[citation][nom]K2N hater[/nom]Doesn't mean we like it that way. Flash is slow, bloated, decreases security and privacy of browsers. Adobe Reader is atrocious on hard disk usage and comes with so many security holes that makes Microsoft look like an example of competence.[/citation]

Flash is slow? Or your computer is slow, flash runs perfectly fine on my 8 year old PC. Get a new computer, unless you have a mac, then get a real computer.

joseflavio

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
What I don't like about Flash is to run a black box which can access basically any resource in my computer, from my camera to my hard disk... And I have to trust there are no security holes in this black box.... Besides this a open standard for this kind of page/application will lead to lots of third party editors, even better ones than the one from adobe...

G

Flash is a virus delivery system. It gets past anti-virus software, limited user rights, everything. Flash advertisements have infected my daughters computers multiple times.

FlashBlock is a default extension included in all my re-imaging. No flash -- no infected.

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Flash itself is fine, the problem is the over-usage of Flash these days... Let's hope HTML5 reduces this, and leaves Flash to be used only where it really needs to be used.

G

People always believe Apple sets the trends. But here is just a few of Apple's wrong trends. Firewire, one button mouse, Power PC, Quicktime. They all were supposed to be better then anything else. But not a one caught on. Flash is way more popular then what many think. This article proves just that. You can believe HTML5 is the next great thing. But its not really here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.