5 Stellar GPS Units Under $150

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have used this unit, honestly I hate it. I was entering an address and everytime I would press a key (for example, T) a different character would get selected across the screen. ??? I calibrated the screen 2 times, still did it. The mount it comes with is VERY slimsy and is not strong by any means. Everytime you press a button it moves the entire unit and it shakes. The unit also took about 20 minutes to acquire a satellite, while my Nuvi took 20 seconds. Save your money and buy a Garmin, or comparable TomTom. I don't like TomTom either, but would rather have one ANY day over the Goodyear.

Lastly, if you really want a deal look at the Nokia 500. Amazing features for the price. Mapping for all over the world, text to speech, etc.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I own a Mio DigiWalker 300x (or something like it) and was very impressed with the interface and functionality (even if I never used the MP3 player). Good to hear the cheaper Mio's offer the same quality.

As for the Garmin and Mio getting lost, this is most likely an issue with the age of the Maps included. I know that Mio releases new map upgrades almost yearly, and they aren't too expensive if you can find them in stores. This would have been another interesting thing to point out, how old were the maps (sometimes they tell you or you can find out), and what are the options for upgrading the maps in the future. Even $150 is too much if you have to throw the thing away once the maps are outdated, or have to pay $75 to upgrade the map (as with Magellan).

G

One key thing to note with the performance of these units, is what version of maps are installed on the device. This Nuvi I highly doubt was updated with the lastest 2009 maps (which is free 60 after its first use) which obviously correct the garmin's performance issues.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]undefined[/nom]Unknown[/citation]
Thank you, that's something to consider. Each unit was tested with the maps provided from the manufacturer (in this case, Garmin). It is up to the manufacturer to provide the most up to date software for review units.

--Rachel Rosmarin, Editor of Tom's Guide

LinseyK

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
It was recently brought to my attention, and after the article was published, that the Goodyear135 does in fact come standard with text-to-speech for street names. The unit I tested did not perform this function during the testing, and I have to conclude that it was a faulty unit. The article will be noted to reflect this new information.

Thank you.

Linsey Knerl

G

Dear Friend
Good days, i am sorry for disturb you. this is Mr.AKE from SWEETHILL INTERNATIONAL GROUP CO.,LIMITED . we are the leading car dvd player and GPS navigation manufacture.i writing to you hope we can built business relationship.

I know now you should have a good supplier.but i believe if we can cooperation that we should be your best supplier.

now i send some price list for your reference,please checking it. tks

I wait for your reply, even good news or bad news.

best regards

sincerely

Mr.AKE

Telephone NO. : 86-755-27932240
FAX NO. : 86-755-29979960

MSN: weizhenke21@163.com
Adress : 4- Building,hongxiang industrial park,xixiang town,baoan district,shenzhen,guangdong province,CHINA.

G

Dear Friend
Good days, i am sorry for disturb you. this is Mr.AKE from SWEETHILL INTERNATIONAL GROUP CO.,LIMITED . we are the leading car dvd player and GPS navigation manufacture.i writing to you hope we can built business relationship.

I know now you should have a good supplier.but i believe if we can cooperation that we should be your best supplier.

now i send some price list for your reference,please checking it. tks

I wait for your reply, even good news or bad news.

best regards

sincerely

Mr.AKE

Telephone NO. : 86-755-27932240
FAX NO. : 86-755-29979960
MSN: weizhenke21@163.com
Adress : 4- Building,hongxiang industrial park,xixiang town,baoan district,shenzhen,guangdong province,CHINA.

Status
Not open for further replies.