50 Hours: World's Longest Gaming Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
LOL! Seriously? I am betting 1/2 the people here have a pulled a drunken, energy drink fueled 72 hour game marathon at least once in their lives.

Wha... I've been playing for 72 hours? Coulda swore it was 2.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
I guess gratz for the achievement. They're Dutch too, Any dutch gamer I've met seems to take things that extra mile, surely tho there's bound to have been some chinese grinder on WoW thats lasted longer?

inquisitor03

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
I bet I could beat that. Seriously 50 hours is only 2 nights without sleep and assuming they were allowed to eat and drink while playing and go to the toilet I do not see how that it can be that difficult. I've gone 2 nights without sleep before and although it's not nice, it's not difficult!

How do I go about getting an official Guinness World Record official to come to my house?! :D

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]LOL! Seriously? I am betting 1/2 the people here have a pulled a drunken, energy drink fueled 72 hour game marathon at least once in their lives.Wha... I've been playing for 72 hours? Coulda swore it was 2.[/citation]

Back in the day, my brother and our school buddies used to rotated where we LAN each week... 50h really goes by VERY fast when you play some intense FPS or RTS'. I don't know if I've ever done 50h strait without a 30min nap, but we've played more than 10 days strait over the summer one year.

xrodney

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
76 hour is my record and almost 24 hours sleep session after :)
Its not really hard to stay awake 2-3 day when you are hyperactive 18 old, but as you getting older its harder and harder.

kin3000

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
I'm pretty sure a few WoW junkies have done longer gaming sessions than just 50 hours, especially when a new expansion comes out and it's that race to reach level cap again.

Grats to them for being officially recognized though.

G

Well back in the days, when i was yunger (around 13-14 years old), we held a LAN lasting from friday afternoon to sunday evening without sleep, and we didnt think much of it..

Back then it was all about Counter-strike, and man did we own that game :D

xacrex

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
50 hours on a PS3?!!?!?? how the heck did those PS3s not die? I was playing with my PS3 for 6 hours and 1 hour break for 2 days and it died!!!

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
[citation][nom]mavroxur[/nom]Something tells me in the future, these same six guys will set the record for the "world's oldest virgins"[/citation]

Yes because all gamers are virgins. Way to revert back to the 90's stereotypes....you almost had to think of a clever response.

G

The question I would have to ask is " How well do they have to be playing at the end of the 50 hours?"

I could see that because of sleep deprivation ones motor skills and response time would be greatly affected.

There is only so much energy drinks can do for a person before their body gives them a swift kick in the butt.

Not to mention that would add a great twist for getting into GWR.

dfusco

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Sabiancym[/nom]Yes because all gamers are virgins. Way to revert back to the 90's stereotypes....you almost had to think of a clever response.[/citation]

Uh oh, nerd rage.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
I'm in the same boat as most of the commenters here, I've easily surpassed 50 hours of non-stop gaming, at more than one occasion in my life. I'm pretty sure at any point in time, there is some gamer somewhere working on a 50+ hour gaming session....Particularly the WoW heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.