50 Million Tweets Are a Waste of Time Each Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Doesn't surprise me, I have visited Twitter a few times and to me 99% of them are useless. The 1% is business who actually have something to tell the public.

G

Correction.
"That would mean that 50 million of 200 million tweets each day "are not worth reading"."
Should be:
"That would mean that 200 million of 200 million tweets each day "are not worth reading"."

G

i hated when people tweet about foods, like what they ate for lunch or dinner.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
The only "tweets" I will read is from a general manager of my favorite sports team. He doesn't comment much and only does to put rumors to rest or break trades.

Way too much information overload out there right now. People post about any odd detail they can.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Other than a physics institute that I follow b/c I love to hear of new developments in science, Twitter is altogether useless for me, and I haven't even checked those tweets in a couple of months. How can something be so worthless yet worth so much money?

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
It seems you are failing to get the real value of twitter. I don't follow my friends, that would be a waste of my time reading "I'm hungry" tweets. Instead I follow Rock Paper Shotgun, for example, who tweets their articles and news, and is better than an RSS, or just opening their site to see what's new.

Too many people follow friends and such just out of friendship, and end up with a cluttered screen. Knowing who is worth following makes Twitter a good tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.