5th Gen i5 or 4th Gen i7

Seth_W

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
Solution
That first link doesn't show the specs of the laptop, but from the comments I underanstand that the i7 come with a dedicated graphics card and 8 gigs of ram vs the integrated GPU and 4 gigs of RAM on the i5 machine

The "call for pricing" isn't helpful in comparing cost.

The extra memory is really nice.
The external graphics card is REALLY nice IF she uses it. If she uses it to surf the internet, watch some cat videos and utilize some basic office functions this is dead weight though. Literally, the card, the extra Wattage required, the heating required will make it heavier and bulkier.
The CPUs are difficult to compare since I can see the 5th gen i5 is a 5200U, but all I have on the i7 is the generation. Haswell i7 vs Broadwell...

Maarsch

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
That first link doesn't show the specs of the laptop, but from the comments I underanstand that the i7 come with a dedicated graphics card and 8 gigs of ram vs the integrated GPU and 4 gigs of RAM on the i5 machine

The "call for pricing" isn't helpful in comparing cost.

The extra memory is really nice.
The external graphics card is REALLY nice IF she uses it. If she uses it to surf the internet, watch some cat videos and utilize some basic office functions this is dead weight though. Literally, the card, the extra Wattage required, the heating required will make it heavier and bulkier.
The CPUs are difficult to compare since I can see the 5th gen i5 is a 5200U, but all I have on the i7 is the generation. Haswell i7 vs Broadwell i5-5200U . . . should be comparible, I suppose. The i7 comes with 4 cores vs the 2 for the i5 which is really nice again IF they end up being used.

Conclusion: If she games/photoshops/works a computer: The i7. Otherwise the (probably) slimmer and lighter i5.

Solution