6 foods you should never cook in a cast iron skillet

Mar 18, 2023
That sounds like a vast percentage of all foods one can make. Nothing with tomatoes nothing sticky nothing with eggs nothing that's big

Why the hell are you even buying one? You just have to know how to clean it without completely demolishing it

Mar 19, 2023
Agreed. This article you just made pretty much says you can only use cast iron to make potatoes. Even then! God forbid they get too sticky.

This is great anti-advertisement if that was the goal.

I think I can safely speak for the majority of us when I say that I believe the world has had enough, “what you shouldn’t do”. And we need much more, “this is what you should do”. Or better yet leave, “you” out of the article entirely and start with something like “Cook with a cast iron skillet? Try this!”

So much less daunting and much more inviting than saying… here’s yet again another list of what not to do. You better read it quick so you can practice not doing it.

Mar 20, 2023
That sounds like a vast percentage of all foods one can make. Nothing with tomatoes nothing sticky nothing with eggs nothing that's big

Why the hell are you even buying one? You just have to know how to clean it without completely demolishing it
I never cook eggs in anything EXCEPT my cast iron. I also cook tomatoes and acidic stuff in it, and even slow cook chili in my Dutch oven over fire.

To clean I use "chainmail sponge" or salt/oil. And I can use whatever spatula/flipper, which I use a metal one to scrape the bottom off to dislodge any possible burnt bits.