dirolas

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
Hello,

So right now i'm using plantronics 788 ( sounds very nice in games )and i'm interested in getting perhaps something better in quality and so on , any ideas what i should be looking at? right now,at my local stores i can see these , priced at :

1)Hyper X Cloud II 90$

2)Logitech G35 100$

3)Corsair H2100 100$

4)Corsair H1500 110$

5)Corsair storm 7.1 125$

anything else should i consider ? Thanks in advance !

Solution
The Razer Tiamat 7.1 has 10 speakers (5 in each ear cup) and offers exceptional positional audio compared to any simulated 5.1 or 7.1 headset I've used. I can tell in BF4 when someone is running behind me and which side they'll be coming in while I'm camped out in a building. I can tell when things are in front of me or behind me; this is where the 2-speaker surround headphones fall short.

The lows are not as low as other headsets I've used, so that is the only drawback.

I did have to boost the mic signal a little, but once I did I had no problems with people hearing me.

It's what I currently continue to use. If you play a lot of first-person shooters where positional audio makes a difference, I'd definitely recommend these.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
The Razer Tiamat 7.1 has 10 speakers (5 in each ear cup) and offers exceptional positional audio compared to any simulated 5.1 or 7.1 headset I've used. I can tell in BF4 when someone is running behind me and which side they'll be coming in while I'm camped out in a building. I can tell when things are in front of me or behind me; this is where the 2-speaker surround headphones fall short.

The lows are not as low as other headsets I've used, so that is the only drawback.

I did have to boost the mic signal a little, but once I did I had no problems with people hearing me.

It's what I currently continue to use. If you play a lot of first-person shooters where positional audio makes a difference, I'd definitely recommend these.

Solution

dirolas

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014

Those razer tiamat are wow... super pricy 200 euros geez... i can't afford that :((