7-inch Google Nexus Tablet In Production This April?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
"Google could also be waiting to release a $199 Nexus ICS tablet during the launch window of Windows 8-based tablets later this year. Now wouldn't that rain on Microsoft's parade!"
Over 90% of PC marker is run with Windows, Windows 8 will own most of market since people are already familiar with Windows.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
There is really no reason to jump to windows 8....and proof is MS is extending the support time of windows 7 :)
I will really welcome a sub200$ tablet with the nexus logo, i will definitely buy it for my wife. And the article is right, amazon made a pro move in marketing, i wonder what happens next!
FREE TABLETs FOR ALL ^^

And apple can sell their tablets for cider trays! lol

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
It's about time other companies realize that 7" can be a very good form factor, especially for reading comics and web browsing while being quite a bit more portable than 10".

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
So, I have no idea how I haven't heard of this "Xyboard" tablet yet. Just looked it up, and I think that 8.1" is the one for me. I was going to wait for the Prime 7" but I think this is the one. I almost got the Galaxy 8.9 because the size was EXACTLY what I'm looking for (I actually feel 7" is a bit too small for a full fledged tablet, fine for just an ereader though) - but with no SD Card reader, that was a deal-breaker.

The wifi only version (only available through motorola.com) is only $399 which isn't a bad price - and it looks like it comes with a charging dock and case included "while supplies last" so says the website. Debating about waiting until more quad core tablets come out which will drop the price of these dual cores - but I feel like I've been waiting so long already.

G

I totally love my Galaxy Tab 8.9 but I think if there are Windows tablets on intel ( and intel is trying to break into this market) I might make the switch. Android and iOS games suck because there are no real RPG's on them. On a Windows tablet with Intel inside I would have a chance of getting good games that I could take to work with me.

I love Android and what they do for phones but for a tablet I may just defect. I can't see myself doing a Windows phone though.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Should be fun to have a nexus tablet and dual boot with windows 8 when it comes out seeing how it supports ARM now. Shouldn't be much of a problem to make a boot loader or once the device is rooted, make a windows boot option under the recovery menu. I'll be interested to see if someone attempts this when the consumer preview is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.