7-Year-Old Launches iOS App Development Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]FloKid[/nom]There has got to be something more to this : )[/citation]

Yes, like his father. If you carefully read the article, you see that the kid didn't do any coding himself. His father runs the "company" and a design studio did the work. All the kid did was throw a few ideas around and everybody else did the hard work at making it a reality.

I'm all for kids developing app's, but don't give the kid credit for an app that someone else coded.

spanspace

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Why cause he is a kid? I say good for him. I wish I had that passion at 7. Of course when I was 7 cell phones couldn't play games and Nintendo was the thing to do.

Genny

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
Should read: Rich guy creates iOS App development company and uses seven year old son as marketing gimmick.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]spanspace[/nom]Why cause he is a kid? I say good for him. I wish I had that passion at 7. Of course when I was 7 cell phones couldn't play games and Nintendo was the thing to do.[/citation]
NES and Sega Master System for me at age 7! They'd just come out.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Who here thought the iTards would play a game about putting condiments on toast? Not me. Any of you? Nope. Gotta give the kid credit where it's due; the marketing prowess of a 7 year old gives him the exact intellect required to target the Apple crowd.

Yep. Trollin.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Oh and if you haven't seen it, go find the Onion story about the 5 year old writer of the movie "Fast 5" for some perspective on just how this went down.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
So a 7 year old kid came up with an idea about an iOS app to spread jelly on toast, and found investors to fund its development. Exactly how exciting is spreading jelly on toast?

This kid just learned a valuable lesson in life. There is a sucker born every minute.

Genny

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]So a 7 year old kid came up with an idea about an iOS app to spread jelly on toast, and found investors to fund its development. Exactly how exciting is spreading jelly on toast? This kid just learned a valuable lesson in life. There is a sucker born every minute.[/citation]

Well what this article doesn't seem to include is that his dad knew all the investors. This was a "Hey drinking buddies, throw 50 grand at my kid for this. You know I've given/made you far more in the past". Sure he made his kid make a pitch for the funds, but they were already secured.

The rest is just a marketing gimmick to get exposure.

It's like making your kid go to college in order to give him that executive position once he finishes. Did he earn it? No, but it makes for a better story.

AMD_pitbull

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Genny[/nom]Well what this article doesn't seem to include is that his dad knew all the investors. This was a "Hey drinking buddies, throw 50 grand at my kid for this. You know I've given/made you far more in the past". Sure he made his kid make a pitch for the funds, but they were already secured.The rest is just a marketing gimmick to get exposure.It's like making your kid go to college in order to give him that executive position once he finishes. Did he earn it? No, but it makes for a better story.[/citation]
We see that crap far too often too. To be fair, I was big into computers and even worked on hard-coding with my dad by 3. Someone gonna come out and say I'm the next Bill Gates? No. We didn't have money. Money talks, everyone else can go to hell in their opinion.

Genny

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
[citation][nom]AMD_pitbull[/nom]We see that crap far too often too. To be fair, I was big into computers and even worked on hard-coding with my dad by 3. Someone gonna come out and say I'm the next Bill Gates? No. We didn't have money. Money talks, everyone else can go to hell in their opinion.[/citation]

Agreed. I'm not knocking the kid at all, I'm sure he's bright. It just comes off as very slimy of the father to try and capitalize on it.

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
[citation][nom]Eddieroolz[/nom]Good little guy, hopefully in a few years he can be the one in charge.[/citation]

Somehow I think this app won't sell...well...that depends on how much iPhone users like to spread virtual jam on virtual toast as a game...

Anyways, this app probably won't sell and the father and his investor buddies can write off the expense as a tax shelter.

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
[citation][nom]Genny[/nom]Should read: Rich guy creates iOS App development company and uses seven year old son as marketing gimmick.[/citation]

You know I am usually one guy trying to be honest and "objective" about many things, many times about Apple from the user perspective and not the company. But, long story short, I think you are right and not even exaggerating one bit.

G

The rich really have a lot of time on their hands and resources at their disposal.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Enough with this bullshit.

How many articles will be written saying a kid this or that, when it fact they did nothing of the sort?

There was the article claiming a kid hacked, which wasn't anything even resembling hacking, this story, and countless others.

As soon as I read the headline I thought "oh what now is tom's giving credit to a kid that a adult(s) did?"

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
So to be an actor or an app dev at young age, daddy needs to be one to.... make sense... but totally BS.

If you were giving me a studio when I was younger to create a video game, I would have been able to do something to.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]NES and Sega Master System for me at age 7! They'd just come out.[/citation]
Pong baby

Status
Not open for further replies.