700,000 Android Devices Activated Every Single Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
So in 25 years, the entire world will have androids!

/notconsideringgrowthcap,diversemarkets,newbornbabys(hardlyarestriction),populationincrease,poverty

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
700,000 activated, How many of those are upgrades, meaning that their other device deactivated or no longer in use? How bout those who switch from android to iphone (hahahaha, i just about fell off my chair laughing) but people could be switching to blackberry. Or do they actually take that into effect and the net gain is 700,000? That would be interesting but i think its simply new activations so not an accurate representation on how many people actually activate their first android device

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I guess I'll be among that number this Saturday as I activate my nexus s Sweeeet.[/citation]

It's actually a Galaxy Coal.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I love my Nexus, but this whole activation thing seems like a "who's got it longest" contest. This information only reinforces the concept of widespread market penetration and the inevitable better support that comes with it. Other than that, I really don't care about the number itself. Good for Google and good for us, because it drives the industry forward.

BSMonitor

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
What % of these are the "free" phones with contract. The every day garbage phone that most consumers who drive the numbers "buy". All this is saying, is that the former bland Samsung or whomever's extremly basic OS is being replaced by Android. Cheers to reporting the obvious transition to a universal platform. 700,000 per day activate, 650,000 of which use the device to call and text. Which phones have been doing for a decade.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
That's fantastic - and why exactly do I care? I thought the whole point of going Android was to exercise your choice / be different. Sounds more like a herd to me.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I just activated an android device: Its using 2.2.
My bro just activated his android device yesterday: It is using 2.3.
I am sure a bunch of people are activating version 3 and soon will be activating version 4.

I don't see how you can just make a blanket 'android activation' claim: We are all activating different versions, with vastly different capabilities!

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
That is a lot of people finally realizing how crappy and behind in technology Apple is. It looks like Steve Handjobs reign of terror and communism is starting to come to end. All Apple is up to now days is suing ever competitor in a last desperate attempt.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Apple is like a 2 year child who whines and sues when they don't get there way. I like how HTC fixes in a day and laughs it off, where apple spends millions of dollars on attorneys over something so stupid.

It looks like Steve Handjobs reign of terror and communism is starting to come to end. Apple is suing ever competitor in a last desperate attempt to save there inferior phone, I mean iPhone.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]Apple is suing ever competitor in a last desperate attempt to save there inferior phone, I mean iPhone.[/citation]
That could actually work, the iNpherior, kinda catchy

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
That may be the case but the MSM keeps still bombarding the public with news about the crappy iPhone. This is a clear indication that those running the MSM are heavily invested in Apple stocks.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]STravis[/nom]That's fantastic - and why exactly do I care? I thought the whole point of going Android was to exercise your choice / be different. Sounds more like a herd to me.[/citation]

[citation][nom]BSMonitor[/nom]What % of these are the "free" phones with contract. The every day garbage phone that most consumers who drive the numbers "buy". All this is saying, is that the former bland Samsung or whomever's extremly basic OS is being replaced by Android. Cheers to reporting the obvious transition to a universal platform. 700,000 per day activate, 650,000 of which use the device to call and text. Which phones have been doing for a decade.[/citation]

LOL! /applause

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]BSMonitor[/nom]What % of these are the "free" phones with contract. The every day garbage phone that most consumers who drive the numbers "buy". All this is saying, is that the former bland Samsung or whomever's extremly basic OS is being replaced by Android. Cheers to reporting the obvious transition to a universal platform. 700,000 per day activate, 650,000 of which use the device to call and text. Which phones have been doing for a decade.[/citation]

Apple cultist is jealous, how cute!

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]That is a lot of people finally realizing how crappy and behind in technology Apple is. It looks like Steve Handjobs reign of terror and communism is starting to come to end. All Apple is up to now days is suing ever competitor in a last desperate attempt.[/citation]

No, it reinforces the mantra "if everyone likes it, it probably sucks".
Best selling "beer": budweiser (i don't even consider this piss beer)
most frequented resturant: Mcdonalds
Most sold music star: brittny spears (or pick another sucky pop star)

mediocrity sells to the masses!

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]tmshdw[/nom]No, it reinforces the mantra "if everyone likes it, it probably sucks".Best selling "beer": budweiser (i don't even consider this piss beer)most frequented resturant: McdonaldsMost sold music star: brittny spears (or pick another sucky pop star)mediocrity sells to the masses![/citation]
Fair play but sometimes mediocrity also fails to sell because it sucks ass so much, all these phones are good and technological marvels and the resepective fanbois from all camps decry their opponants as rubbish, there isn't a single player in the market that hasn't got millions of customers so they must ALL be doing something right

Status
Not open for further replies.