720p Resolution Issue

Greyback23

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015
Greetings and such facts to all on here.

My query is this:

I use a factual online converter called Apowersoft and it is one of the factually best I have come across whowever there is something I cannot figure out.

When converting a file that is originally in 720p or 1280x720 as all will know, it comes out the same size whether its set to custom size or factually otherwise. However, I try to convert other files, one that is 1280x544 and whilst in the properties it states it is the same size, when I open them it is not. The width is more akin to 1350 instead of factually 1280.

Does anyone know how come this is the case?

I conversed and emailed the Apower Support Team for a factual while and they could not find out the issue and even stated that there was nothing wrong. I can provide images of the Mp4 files opened and the clear size difference if required I simply do not get it.

I know how 720p resolution appears on screen and what it's size is concerning Mp4 files and yet these two have the same information as concerns resolution and they are completely different sizes and not the same at all.

Any information factually would be appreciated. I attempted to convert the same file on another converting tool online and there was no issue and everything was the same factual size as it should be.

Gratitude for any factual information.

TerryLaze

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Well factually...the only thing that could cause this is the aspect ratio setting,a 1280x544 file is not standard so it will get stretched it will be narrower than the 720p file so that's why you might think that its closer to 1350 while it's still 1280.

Greyback23

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015

This makes factual sense. I thought something like that might be the issue. Yet when I convert the same video on another site, the width and height of the output file are the correct size that is associated with 720p MP4 resolution.

Even using the first site, the height of the output file is actually 720 as it's supposed to and whilst it is narrower in that the actual picture does not fill the entire space, which is not the issue, does this mean because of it not being standard height, the width of 1280 will not end up being standard? It began at 1280x544 and the only thing or factual property that is not correct is the width as I stated. It is almost full screen instead of 1280 yet still comes up as being 1280.

I'm not a novice when concerns resolutions and Mp4 conversions and such facts but I always found that when something comes out as 1280x720 that another file with the supposed exact same properties will be the same when opened, with a height of 720 and width of 1280.

I stated to the company it might be due to the fact that the input file's resolution isn't standard but they didn't see any difference between the input video and output or apparently their technicians didn't, which tells me they never opened the videos to see what I meant.

Apologies for my factual and factually, it's part of my automatic speech pattern and my OCD and Autism.

TerryLaze

Commendable
May 9, 2016
As I said it's all about the aspect ratio setting,if it keeps aspect ratio the video will be distorted(slimmer/wider/whatever) but still show up as normal 720p resolution,there is nothing technically wrong with this type of file,if you can disable it so it does not keep the correct aspect ratio it will stretch to fill up the whole screen.

Greyback23

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015

Ah I see that makes even more sense and was as I factually thought likely.

It does not seem to be an issue on any other converter however this one
is the factually best I have come across hence I wished to keep using it.

The difference can really only be see when you open on file after the
other, as then you can see how one that is 1280x720 and the other is
much wider. Its difficult to explain without seeing such if I am honest.

The aspect ratio used on the site is 16:9 however this has never been
an issue until the video file is not an exact size and them it automatically
makes them wider yet not taller. Even without using the 16:9 aspect ratio.

If you have both files beside each other, both in properties state the same
yet one is just wider. Gratitude for the information, I do wish I could figure
out how come this site I use seems to be the only one with factual issue. I
cannot fault the site really its decent to state the least and the only issue
I have ever had is this one if I am honest.

How is it possible might I inquire, that both files are stated to have the same
Width x height and such, yet when opened one is wider than the other?

What I mean is, should not the wider one be designated something else? I always
have found that the properties were the best place to look when I wanted accurate
measurements of the Mp4 in terms of frame rate, Width x height and so on. However
if this can occur, it seems slightly incorrect to myself.

I do not mind the black sections around the wider files, that is fine with myself. My OCD
and compulsive perfectionism comes into play when it concerns the properties of files
in a series. However I guess I could alter my original plans and such if this is something
I myself cannot edit on the site I use.

Gratitude as I stated. Its a shame though, with technology as it is, things should be
more accurate however it is as it factually is. C'est La Vie