8.1 > 7, No networking drivers working - Toshiba L50d-c (PSKXSA-00U00G)

Barbara_4

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015
Hello,

Friends son wanted windows 7 on his laptop since he was more familiar with it.

Installation of windows was straight forward.

When it came to getting a networking driver installed I have had no end of trouble.
The drivers available for windows 7 don't work at all (proset installs but no wireless, LAN driver dosn't seem to do anything)

http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support/computers/satellite/l50/pskxsa-00u00g/download?os=25

I tried all the windows 8.1 drivers that had anything to do with networking but they likewise refused to help with either ethernet or wireless.

Device manager still lists 'Ethernet Controller' and 'Network Controller' after all Toshiba driver attempts and still no networking.

I saw in another thread that installing chipset first will help get the drivers working but there does not seem to be a chip setdriver for any version of windows from toshiba (unless they call it somthing else).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Barbara_4

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015
I must be in the favor of the networking Gods.

Soon after posting I remembered that my mother had found a TP-Link USB wifi stick in the car and assumed it belonged to me. I don't remember owning it so I put it in the kit in case someone would need it.
Sure enough running the USB wifi network allowed windows update to do its thing and I now have networking.