8.9-inch Kindle Fire in 2Q12, "Hollywood" Late 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Sounds like a good idea. Stay a year behind and compete on price and content. I can see them selling tons and being second in units sold to the ipad easily. And like apple they have the potential to make a killing selling content

xx_pemdas_xx

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
The thing is.. the IPAD sales include all IOS devices not just the ipad and ipad 2. I believe that the kindle fire will out sale the Ipad because it provides the same experience at a much lower cost.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
so basically:
2nd Quarter 2012- 8.9 inch, dual core Tegra 2 SoC, "Coyote"
Late 2012- 10.1 inch, quad core Tegra 3 SoC, "Hollywood"

hoping Hollywood would be around $275.
and maybe Coyote would be $235.

Come on Amazon, keep them prices low!!!

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]xX_PEMDAS_Xx[/nom]The thing is.. the IPAD sales include all IOS devices not just the ipad and ipad 2. I believe that the kindle fire will out sale the Ipad because it provides the same experience at a much lower cost.[/citation]
The only problem I have with my Galaxy S2 the Android OS is that it doesn't have as games (and apps) as they do have on the iOS. I mean not everyone plays games, but I do want to play a nice FFIII port to the Android sometimes.

G

Ok, so it's not perfect but the Kindle Fire is still an amazing deal for $200. At kindlefireforums.com there's a ton of great reviews and articles about the best apps as well as discussion with other new Kindle Fire owners.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
The thing I like about Amazon is that it not only sells it's own stuff, but sells everyone elses too, it's just a big one-stop-shop.

Best of all I get 5% off anything they sells via our corporate discount program, it's not a lot but it can be used in conjunction other offers so when the sales come along I clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.