Old 59 model guy

Estimable
Jul 28, 2015
help pls I have very little idea on this
Need a laptop for business n uni courses on line
Looking at $800-$1000 range
AUSUS F555lJ-XO294H. Acer V3-572G-52HF.
Need disc player , no games but make movies ect
Need 8g ram 1tb hd processor i5 or i7. Which is better ?
I have 8 Acer laptops and upgrade about every 2 years for faster n more memory
But I failed with w8 so didn't upgrade now 10 is here I'm wishing to upgrade
Not a fan of other brands but Apple but out of my price range on a laptop
Open to suggest ions n opinions pls
Have Harvey Norman and dick smiths in town to choose from
Thank you

Solution
Between the two laptops you have chosen, I would get the Acer V3-572G-52HF because it is less expensive. The difference between the Core i5-5200u and Core i7-5500u is 300MHz and it is not a big deal especially since business suites like MS Office or Open Office do not really need much CPU performance unless you are doing things like real intensive financial modelling with an extreme amount of data mining.

Both of those laptops have a dedicated GPU (Acer = niVida 840m / Asus = nVidia 920m). If you can find a Core i5 laptop with a HD 4400 (4th generation) or HD 5500 (5th generation) graphics core, then that should lower the price.
Between the two laptops you have chosen, I would get the Acer V3-572G-52HF because it is less expensive. The difference between the Core i5-5200u and Core i7-5500u is 300MHz and it is not a big deal especially since business suites like MS Office or Open Office do not really need much CPU performance unless you are doing things like real intensive financial modelling with an extreme amount of data mining.

Both of those laptops have a dedicated GPU (Acer = niVida 840m / Asus = nVidia 920m). If you can find a Core i5 laptop with a HD 4400 (4th generation) or HD 5500 (5th generation) graphics core, then that should lower the price.

Solution
Good for you since it is the overall better value. You do not need to extra 300MHz clockspeed for your needs...

... and should you ever decide to even try to play a game, the nVidia 840m offers much better performance than the nVidia 920m. Though it is still only considered to be a "budget mainstream" performance graphics chip.