$99 Xbox Deal Heading To Additional Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Soo almost 500$ and more expensive games than a PC, a few bought games and the purchaser could have had a full blown PC instead... I feel sorry for the people who can't afford a real system and have to rely on 6 (!) year old hardware (yes, the xbox gpu is based on a gpu that old)

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Fyi, this isn't as bad of a deal as you guys are thinking - compare the ETF of $250 to the $285 the xbox kinect bundle costs on amazon. And $15/month for 24 months is $360 - not bad when you factor in how you're also getting the subscription. Still, I generally prefer that I buy items upfront rather than subsidize them over the life of the contract. (for instance, phones)

theconsolegamer

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
[citation][nom]santiagoanders[/nom]Subsidized device model is retarded. You'd have to be an idiot to go for this.[/citation]
Don't you know idiots are a mayority in this world?

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]theconsolegamer[/nom]Don't you know idiots are a mayority in this world?[/citation]

It appears the majority can't spell either.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
// It appears the majority can't spell either. //

0/10 for expecting people to check their forum post for typos before submitting

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Total cost of this deal is $99 plus $14.99 a month for two years, or $460. The cost of simply buying the hardware and paying $50 a year instead of $15 a month is $385.

So, you pay $75 more over two years, or about $3 a month. Not a bad deal at all for people who can't afford the upfront cost, but can manage to find $3 a month.

G

Ok, RipperjackAU is now the official grammar nazi of this forum;by the way your sentence is not grammatically correct.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]lookwhoistalkingnow[/nom]Ok, RipperjackAU is now the official grammar nazi of this forum;by the way your sentence is not grammatically correct.[/citation]
He's not the grammar nazi, he's the spelling nazi :p

alxianthelast

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]misleading title, I tot Xbox360 is going $99.[/citation]

It is, if you know where to buy and wish to jump through hoops and not get a harddrive.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]alxianthelast[/nom]It is, if you know where to buy and wish to jump through hoops and not get a harddrive.[/citation]new 360 as in $99 without the lame contract?

sewalk

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]You can buy a 360 used on craigslist for like $100. Skip the lame kinect.[/citation]
I thought the Kinect was pretty lame at first glance, too, until I saw the previews of Mass Effect 3 being played using the speech-recognition features of the Kinect for secondary functions like weapons selection, grenades, and maneuvering squadmates. Now Skyrim has similar functionality on the 360. That was a good enough reason for me to drop $100 on a Kinect by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rwcass75 Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 4
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
O Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1