A $200 Tablet You Could Actually Consider Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
there needs to be a more tierd structure for tablets.

i mean some of the tablet things, like a gps, would that really be nessassary for most apps, or how about cameras?

there should be a
low end, purely for intenet and some videos,
mid range, that has the cameas and such, used for more than just internet browsing
high end, the apple defacto standard
ultra, whatever they want to include.

and just not show apps that are not useable on a low end and only show them to the higher ones.

G

A $200 Tablet You Could Actually Consider Buying If You Are Stupid

There... corrected...

G

Maybe this will end up as Best Buy's house brand selling for $170 by April.

G

And the Kobo Vox at 200 dollars is not in this article. I guess it was conveniently forgotten and on the Vox, Android market is available which makes a huge difference. Kobo Vox in this article = *tumbleweed*

sgtopmobile

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
i hope i am WRONG AS HELL but a 200$ tablet...... i dont expect to much out of it, not even for kindle fire, as i said, i hope i am wrong, but we will have to see it how it goes for the low-end tablets.....

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
As an owner of a firesale Touchpad, I can see the usefulness of cheap tablets for web browsing and reading things or watching videos, as that is pretty much all any of them are good for. You aren't going to do serious work without a keyboard and mouse, so the differences in hardware amount mostly to a limit on multitasking and maybe a bit of difference in application launch speed.

Anyone who pays $500+ for any tablet is a certified idiot, but cheap ones like this could make the tablet concept mainstream and useful.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I like this brand actually and own not one but three Pandigital Novels (white). They are built very well and unlike Archos or coby, amazon kindle, and others the lcd panel isn't going to crack. They need to improve the quality of the digitizer and a few others things but they are very solid. Most of them have the boot rom and internal storage separate unlike most tablets so it is less likely to fail due to normal wear on the land flash.

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
[citation][nom]CrapCantLogIn[/nom]How the hell is this gonna help me get laid?[/citation]

Chicks dig tablets..... or you could go outside.

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
If I had a use for a laptop--like if I traveled for work, then maybe I'd...well, I'd get a laptop. What are tablets for again? Unless that question gets answered, I have to say they will have a worse fate than the Ultrabook (which will eventually {read as in 6 years or so} replace laptops if the form factor survives).

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
[citation][nom]dalauder[/nom]If I had a use for a laptop--like if I traveled for work, then maybe I'd...well, I'd get a laptop. What are tablets for again? Unless that question gets answered, I have to say they will have a worse fate than the Ultrabook (which will eventually {read as in 6 years or so} replace laptops if the form factor survives).[/citation]

Tablets are suppose to be devices priced under $200 the price point below the entry level netbooks

a netbook is faster, has more memory and more storage at the $200 price point than a tablet or ipad has at the $500 price point.

There is no benefit to getting a tablet over a netbook if you are spending $200 or more as if there is a location where you cant being a netbook due to the size, then you also wont be able to bring a tablet

Also one of the most popular accessories for a tablet, is a bluetooth keyboard.

That brings the price of a decent tablet to the price range of a gaming laptop

I currently have a HP touchpad, which was well worth the $120 (with you include the shipping and tax)

I will never spend more than $200 on any tablet

tlmck

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
I'd like a sub $150 10" tablet with just a web browser, wifi, 4g, and pop up on screen keyboard. Resolution would be 1024 x 600 like my netbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.