News A big Google Pixel 6 upgrade just got leaked by Android 12

d0x360

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2016
God I hope not. After my experience with the under screen finger print reader on the note 10+ I NEVER want a phone with it under the screen again

It works about 1/4 the time. I'm sure the technology has slightly improved but it's not a replacement for a dedicated reader.

I hate it so much that I just bought a pixel 5 ($499.99 new & unlocked about a week ago) to replace the note 10+ I bought on its launch day..well 3 days before because I got a special invite to order early.

Honestly I wish I never got rid of my note 9 and it's all because of that finger print reader. None of the improvements can make up for the frustration it has caused

nduke

Honorable
Sep 8, 2017
Oh no!!!! I currently have an S20+ because the Pixels were going to facial rec. (or a type in code). I didn't want to use facial rec. and loved the fingerprint reader on the back of the Pixels... until they stopped. So I bought the Samsung because it had an under-screen fingerprint reader. I've been using it for about a year now and I HATE it. It works for about a day before I have to reset the imprint. It's a pain to use if it IS working because if your finger or thumb slides the least little bit on the glass, it doesn't work. It usually takes a good 4-5 tries before it actually works. I'm so sad that the Pixels are doing this now. I have been a Google phone lover and user since the first Nexus phone was released. I hate that so many good features are being dumped just to "keep up". Sometimes "new" isn't always "improved". Just more expensive. Ah well... so long Google phones. I have completely fallen OUT of love with them!