A budget AMD-based gamer?

LummusMaximus

Honorable
1. What is your budget?
As low as possible to get what I'm looking for.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14", 15" or 17".

3. What screen resolution do you want?
At least 900p.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portability would be nice, but thick enough to include a decent cooling system is preferred.

5. How much battery life do you need?
3 hours or more. 2 or even 2 and a half would be acceptable if the specs are good enough.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Team Fortress 2, Portal 1 + 2, Fallout 3, Oblivion, BF2, so mostly older titles- all on their highest settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Web browsing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
As much as possible. However, 500GB should do.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Anything trustworthy.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Until the thing falls to pieces. As long as possible.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Just DVD/ROM is the bare minimum.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Anything, just as long as it's available in Australia. So, no IdeaPads.

13. What country do you live in?
Australia!

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'd prefer a Radeon card with an APU. Dedicated, and can be CrossFired with the APU's graphics (I think that's possible, right?). I know that AMD makes the best budget parts. I also know APUs are worse than Intel CPUs for office tasks, but it's the game performance that concerns me.