Solved! a cheap method to get 144hz refresh rate with acer helios 300 2019 and acer monitor GN246HL

Nov 18, 2019
i have bought an acer helios 300 1660ti 2019 version and this laptop don't have dvi port only a mini display port..so i was thinking if its possible for me to have 144hz refresh rate on my old monitor acer GN246HL which supports 144hz but unfortunately no dp support.i was searching about this case and found out that i need an active adapter to be able to do this which will cost me around 100$..since i realy didn't want to change my monitor also i was thinking if its possible to output 144hz with any cheaper method..so i came to this thread which was written new graphic cards support dp++ and its not necessary to be active cable and a passive one probably will do the job.so i wanted your help to make sure if it will be good to buy this adapter or i am not gonna get anything out of it?now i am out of budget to spend more and upgrade my monitor.thanks in advance

Solution
A passive DP to DVI adapter will not get you 144HZ. Your only option(besides a new monitor) is one of those expensive and troublesome adapters. That article was likely talking about how older cards required an active adapter for multiple monitors(3 or more).

bignastyid

Splendid
A passive DP to DVI adapter will not get you 144HZ. Your only option(besides a new monitor) is one of those expensive and troublesome adapters. That article was likely talking about how older cards required an active adapter for multiple monitors(3 or more).

Solution