A good pair of headphones around $100

Dawackzach

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
Hi, I have been looking into buying a good pair of headphones for a while. I always hear about the Audio Technica ATH M50 so those are definitely one of my top picks so far. I will be using these for watching videos, listen to podcasts, listening to all different genres of music, and to play games on a PS4. I have also been looking into the V-Moda Crossfade LP but I have read that they may be a little bass heavy. An inline remote is not a necessity although I will be listening to music from my phone a lot, and having a mic would be nice as well but is also not completely necessary. I do not think of myself as a complete audiophile but I would like to get the best sounding headphones that I could around this price point (I would be willing to maybe go to 150 for a much better quality headphone). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
i have a pair of m50s myself and for $100-120 arent a bad buy.

i am not sure how well they will work with a ps4 though (if you intend to connect it to the controller jack!)

you might need an adapter (such as an hdmi audio extractor or optical to 3.5mm adapter) or amplifier and adapter (if hooking up to controller) since i dont think that will power anything more than cheap earbuds well. (though i could be wrong).

if you needed a mic, i'd look into the sennheiser u320 instead as i think that works with console (usb) and has a mic for gaming.

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
look at shure's SRH550DJ or their SRH750DJ, I have the 750DJ's and absolutely fell in love with them. I've gone through many headphones over the years and by far these are the best sounding and most comfortable pair i have owned. These only fall second to my shure 535 Japan Special edition reds that i ware all day at work. But the 750's pull their duty once at home for gaming on the computer and watching netflix on the ipad.

i have a pair of m50s myself and for $100-120 arent a bad buy.

i am not sure how well they will work with a ps4 though (if you intend to connect it to the controller jack!)

you might need an adapter (such as an hdmi audio extractor or optical to 3.5mm adapter) or amplifier and adapter (if hooking up to controller) since i dont think that will power anything more than cheap earbuds well. (though i could be wrong).

if you needed a mic, i'd look into the sennheiser u320 instead as i think that works with console (usb) and has a mic for gaming.

Solution